corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Wanted » a price and place to get 16xe reconed engine around stoke-on-trent

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author a price and place to get 16xe reconed engine around stoke-on-trent
stingray1987

User status: Offline
11th Aug 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right basicly im having alot of trouble with me 1999 1.6 16v sport.
it got through 2 egr valves, both had shards of metal blocking them open.

so we blanked off the egr valve and yeah the engine light comes on but i can live with that.

the main problem im having is the engine seems to be putting out not even half what it should. its really slow but sometimes after switching off and back on it seems abit quicker but still not right and other times its slower than my old 1.2.

well 2 mechanics have told me they need to take the block apart to see where the shards of metal are coming form so i was thinking would it be cheaper to just swap the enigne for a reconditioned unit.
is there anywhere around stoke-on-trent that does this and how much would you have fort it would cost??
philip2

13th Aug 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not in stoke on trent but only up the road in chester. if wanted engine rebuilding drop me a u2u and i can price it up if want.

may be worth searching google for engine reconditioners and seeing what they qoute for the long motor(i.e. sump to rocker cover)

[Edited on 13-08-2009 by philip2]
ckallis500

13th Aug 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makes no sense to be honest, if the engine is within a reasonable mileage i'd make sure it doesnt use oil and doesnt use water. if its all good i'd get a compression test done (costs bugger all if u can borrow a tester) if this shows all good then there is absolutly no reason what so ever to warrant a re-build or engine replacement..
ckallis500

13th Aug 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well for a x16xe, for a full re-build
i.e rings, all bearings, top and bottom gasket set, block honed and all cleaned my local engine builders quoted just undedr £200. this is excluding labour costs and any costs for stripping and cleaning/checking the head.

which would be £40 for head strip down check and clean, £25 for head skim. £75 Labour for bottom end to be stripped cleaned and put back together. conrod caps can be machined for free to fit ARP's if needed (wise choice if re-building).

so before you even look at labour to remove the engine or to strip it completly down into re-buildable parts. your looking at aproxx £400 for a half decent rebuild..
stingray1987

13th Aug 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the replys guys im going try get someone look at it over the weekend like said it has got good milage its only got 69,000 its not drinking water or oil not smoking or not drinking petrol its just really slow so ill have get it booked in a garage and hope its a sensor or sumot. cheers again guys

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Wanted » a price and place to get 16xe reconed engine around stoke-on-trent 25 database queries in 0.0074751 seconds