corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Shoulder injury: Acvice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shoulder injury: Acvice needed
Aaron

User status: Offline
15th Aug 09 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So,

About 4 years ago I had a bad snowboarding crash where I was travelling at about 30ish mph and came off...the first parts of my body to hit the floor where my left shoulder and the right hand side of my face (it's funny when I say it now but at the time it was a nightmare)

Anyway, At that point in my life, I was really into gym training...and lifting heavy weights. However, the injury caused by this crash put my right out of it. I couldn’t lift anything due to a pain and weakness in my damaged shoulder. I should say at this point that I never saw anyone about it in order to get it checked out bad move.

I stopped my gym training at that point. I did try to start again 2 years ago, but the injury came back when I did some bench press.

So, I had another 2 or 3 year gap without doing any training. Since Uni finished in June this year, I’ve been back at the gym doing some classes (it's called Body Pump for anyone who might know it...i.e. lifting weights to music....high reps and low weights). I've been doing it for about 8 weeks now....and last night....that feeling in my shoulder came back It’s a numb sort of feeling, not a sharp pain. Even sat here typing this out, I can feel it.

I've decided to give the gym a miss this morning in order to rest it. But, has anyone got any advice on what I should do next. I want to get it sorted out. Do I see my Doc, or do I see some physio?

Also, how long should I rest it for do you think?

Sorry for the essay.
Carl

15th Aug 09 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd try the doc, see if he can send you to a physio, that was you won't be paying loads out. There is alway option of private physio's if nothing comes of that.
Tommy L

15th Aug 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You definately need physio on it. Going gym then giving it a rest for while is never going to repair the damage caused when you had the accident. Go to your docs and take it from there.
ed

17th Aug 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know what you did? I think I did similar to you, I've torn my collar bone off of my shoulder while skiing.

I went to see a doc as recommended and there is nothing they can do, you just need to get used to it. I found that I got a lot of pain when doing certain movements, but it felt more like lactic acid or tired muscles. If you slowly build strength up then you can do most things.
DizzyRebel

17th Aug 09 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way you heal muscle injuries is to train them. muscles wont repair themselves unless they get blood and oxygen and nutrients to them.

you should do some low weight high rep dumbell shoulder work to get it free'd up again, resting a damaged muscle only makes it tighter.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Shoulder injury: Acvice needed 24 database queries in 0.0051899 seconds