corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Betsy 5 door GLS! the re -incarnation!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project Betsy 5 door GLS! the re -incarnation!!!
karisma_corsa

User status: Offline
25th Aug 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of you will know that i built this car below, and it progressed very well last year, got alot of attention plus 3 magazine appearences, towards the end of last year i got banned from driving and became jobless and had to sell the alloys to get some money so everyhting ended up pretty shit!

I was never happy with the car, due to dents, badly matched painted panels, bad panel gaps etc. im extremely picky so they always bothered me. My driving ban finished in may and then i found work and was also offered another atlantis blue corsas 5 door for £200. so i snapped that up straight away, the first corsa is a 1.2 8v merit and the newer one is a 1.4 16v GLS, so quite a change, only catch was that it didnt run very well which over a couuple of weeks of tinkering i found that the EGR was massively blocked!

So due to my first corsa having dents and a slowly rotting out chassis i planned to swap everything over so i can spend more money on teh car and not worry about having to scrap the shell. Now that betsy ( the new corsa) is running i can start planning modifications and swapping everything over.

Plans for betsy are the following:
treat and cover all rust on all areas of the car,
swap everything over from the original corsa,
make everything mint and as tidy as possible with no unfinished jobs
THEN plan new modifications and get the project how i original wanted it.

(P.S - the name betsy comes from the previous owner calling that )

I want to keep this thread as detailed as possible so im sure you'll enjoy reading it!

Thanks
Sean

pictures to follow shortly

[Edited on 25-08-2009 by karisma_corsa]
stu_c

25th Aug 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woo hoo the return
karisma_corsa

25th Aug 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well here are the promised photos of Betsy when i got her. All round a pretty tidy car for £200 with 10 months mot Enjoy!

a_j_mair

25th Aug 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds promising

origonal looks tidy in the pics there
karisma_corsa

25th Aug 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Due to betsy havign a respectable engine with some power and ok looks im going to be making the engine bay look smart on this one, as the 1.2 8v would never have looked amazing. so Today i set out to clean the engine bay quickly and remove the SAI system as everyone knows its a waste of space and will help towards my final plans for the engine bay!

heres a couple of photos from before i started this morning!

Sorry theres no during photos, heres the result with a removed SAI and all the metal work and easy bits cleaned in the bay quickly. i will be blanking off the SAI as soon as possible before anyone mentions that.
After

Seeing as it needs doing sometime and my 1.2 engine bay was never looked at i set to swapping over my bonnet lifters, chrome wing bolts and black header tank cap. Photos for you to enjoy!!!

Header tank cap before

After with nova cap fitted

As i was finishing and tidying up and about to put the air box back in i remembered it was possible to de restrict the air box so ripped it apart and within 2 minutes it was done, dont worry i didnt forget any photos.

Deresricted

And here is all teh crap due to go in teh bin, the rub stips have also been taken off but ill update with that when ive got rid of the sticky crap.

thanks
Sean
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant wait for this to get underway again dude, shame u had to sell the wheels
FAZ
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks right minga' but im sure youll mke it look gorgous
karisma_corsa

26th Aug 09 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks people, im sure you'll love it as much as i think im going to, any suggestions or ideas are always welcome

thanks
Sean

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by karisma_corsa]
am4nf

27th Aug 09 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never liked 5 doors but with the gsi kit smoothed yours looked not bad, wasnt too keen on the alloys so will defo be keeping an eye on this, like the swapping stuff over and improving at the same time kind of thing
M Sutton

28th Aug 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look forward to seeing how this turns out mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Betsy 5 door GLS! the re -incarnation!!! 24 database queries in 0.0105731 seconds