corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » West Ham vs Millwall (sponsored by Green Steet Hooligans)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author West Ham vs Millwall (sponsored by Green Steet Hooligans)
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   26th Aug 09 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the West Ham vs Millwall match last night. My boyfriend works with a West Ham fan and he had two spare tickets and offered them to us, knowing that neither of us support either team It was a good match with Millwall playing well and dominating the first half and looking at how WHU were playing up until about the 70th minute you wouldn't know there was 2 leagues difference between the teams IMO. The when WHU equalised the atmosphere was amazing! And crazy with fans invading the pitch.

The match went to extra time and WHU scored another 2 goals and the same thing, crazy fans invading the pitch. Steve (my boyfriends friend) wife phoned him to say there had been a stabbing outside on (I *think*) Green Street and riots all over the place. We decided to stay until the end of the match as were debating leaving early cos of all the rouble, but decided safety in numbers would be the best option! Walking back to the car we didn't see any trouble although there was a strong police prevalence. But luckily we came out of the stadium on the side opposite from where all the trouble alledgedly was.

Here are some pics incase anyone is interested:

JILL

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by Jill]
Boycey

26th Aug 09 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some good pics there. West Ham will surely be in trouble for the several pitch invasions. West Ham are ripping off badgers. My uncle is a West Ham fan and he goes to about 6 or 7 games a season and travels all the from Fife ( Middle east of Scotland) and he's been charged £74 for a ticket a good few times. I think the cheapest ticket he's had is £50.
Jill
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our tickets last night were £15 it said on the ticket stub. And we were sat in a fairly decent area- Doc Martens lower tier stand. Wonder why his tickets are so expensive?

JILL
Boycey

26th Aug 09 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe he failed to mention he was in hospitality I'll need to ask him next time I see him.
Cosmo

26th Aug 09 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew it was you I saw on SSN last night rioting.
Jill
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL as if! I would fear for breaking a nail or something!

JILL

ps: FYI they do not sell wraps at West Ham (or Pimms for that matter)
Cosmo

26th Aug 09 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, well, its fairly obvious WHU fans are far from being as posh as us wrap eating scousers.
p

26th Aug 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky they didn't know you was a Chelsea fan Jilly!
jr

26th Aug 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
Our tickets last night were £15 it said on the ticket stub. And we were sat in a fairly decent area- Doc Martens lower tier stand. Wonder why his tickets are so expensive?

JILL [/quot

West stand jill, not the doc martyns any more

Stabing was on priory road which isn't that far away, but then again not outside the ground

Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere
Jill
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
West stand jill, not the doc martyns any more

Stabing was on priory road which isn't that far away, but then again not outside the ground

Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere

Well the bit we went through was the doc martyn bit I am sure!

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
Lucky they didn't know you was a Chelsea fan Jilly!

Yes, that would have been erm, intetesting...!!!

JILL

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » West Ham vs Millwall (sponsored by Green Steet Hooligans) 24 database queries in 0.0110571 seconds