corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cable tie rear springs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cable tie rear springs?
danbo

User status: Offline
31st Aug 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi got -100mm rear springs and they are loose when jacked up but mot coming up so wanted to cable tie them so they dont fall out or anything,

but i cant see really where i would tie the tops of them too? anyone whos done this or knows where to tie them too help please

guessing you dont need to tie the bottoms cos the cups hold it there
cheers
FAZ
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, i got some monster 10mm wide ones, 2 for each spring and theaded hen roudn the lowest coil, and then onto the arm, through a hole that the bottom coil sits around and around the rear axle just behind the drum
danbo

31st Aug 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so did you only hold the springs on at the bottom, not the top?
cheers
FAZ
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bottom only mate
danbo

31st Aug 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will that be fine yer?

problem i thought was the tops of the springs come out of place so have to be carefull lowering off jack to make sure they are in the right place, thats what i thought people tied them for?
danbo

31st Aug 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the top of the spring coming out not a problem to fail on if the bottom is tied on securely?
FAZ
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should all line up if springs are in correctly? trotate them around sop they sit flush top and bottom
danbo

31st Aug 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers
FAZ
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

-100mm will turn you into a professional poy hole dodger in a few days, youll learn what looks to deep etc by the bagning and crashing going on behind you
Gareth F

31st Aug 09 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took mine out and replaced with 50mm which have now compressed to look like 80mm lol. No idea how or why but they sit firm and look low.

New Poll