corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MoT places very low cars down south?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MoT places very low cars down south?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
4th Sep 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F

My exhaust is not leaking and i have friends in most of the mot centres. To get mine through i had to take the decat out and it sailed through, job done.
Ive had confirmation from a police officer (friend of the family) that VOSA are on a massive crack down within west sussex. VOSA HAVE contacted/visited mot centres, i know it used to be down to the mot place to use discretion but now things are being tightened. They have said a car has to be near enough the same level of noise as a similar model. So if cars are sold with the exhausts from the dealer then that is ok. Also funny how three jap cars in my area have all failed on this in the last week.......
Trust me, things are changing. Mine only passed as i have a fully silenced after market exhaust so its not loud.

What are you on? Its got nothing to do with VOSA, the volume of your exhaust is a public nusience issue and therfore a criminal law issue not a vehicle saftey issue..

In the same way that your horn could be 200db as long as its one continuous tone and obvious tone.
ollie4545

4th Sep 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i jst has mine done in roley near winchester wasnt a problem therer m8
Gareth F

5th Sep 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so why are mot testers allowed to fail a car on noise if an mot is only a safety check. This is frustrating, vosa and the police had a crack down, 15 vosa and police on the a27 plate checking and doing random stops. They have spoken to the mot centres around here, its part of the police's crackdown on moddified cars in the area. By asking the mot testers to become strict it cuts down the polices problems. no point in carrying on with this arguement as unless you live here you wont know.
tintin

5th Sep 09 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danbo
woolston? looked that up its near manchester? im in south of hampshire like i said? bit far lol

Anyone know anywhere down hear?
Woolston is in Southampton mate
danbo

5th Sep 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by danbo
woolston? looked that up its near manchester? im in south of hampshire like i said? bit far lol

Anyone know anywhere down hear?

Its in scumhampton.
My fault, I forgot to add that bit.

and oh southampton would be ok too, ill look them up, cheers mate

yer i noticed there was a different one cheers

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll