corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » SeaSick Steve fans

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SeaSick Steve fans
SteveW

User status: Offline
4th Sep 09 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seasick Steve follows the phenomenal success of his prior Top 10 album ‘I Started Out With Nothin’ And I Still Got Most Of It Left’ with the October 19th release of the new set ‘Man From Another Time’. The album will be issued on CD, vinyl and download formats.

He will follow the album’s release with a ten-date UK tour in November.

The tour will see Steve hit the following places:

November
2nd – Newcastle, City Hall
3rd – Edinburgh, Picture House
5th – Leeds, Academy
7th – Liverpool, Olympia
9th – Manchester, Apollo
10th – Birmingham, Academy
12th – Cardiff, Millennium Centre
13th – Warwick, Arts Centre
15th – Cambridge, Corn Exchange
17th – London, Brixton Academy

So make sure you join the forum at www.seasicksteve.com to get the pre-sale links from 7th September!

The album, produced, written, recorded and engineered by Seasick Steve (with the assistance of engineer Roy Williams), ‘Man From Another Time’ is a resolutely organic album that eschews modern studio trickery in favour of the warm style of ‘live’ analogue recording. Everything on the album was performed by Seasick Steve, aside from drums which are credited to his longstanding Swedish sticksman Dan Magnusson. The first taster of the album comes with the October 12th release of the digital download single ‘Diddley-bo’.

Seasick Steve utilised a variety of favourite guitars on the album including a one-string Diddley-bo (a 2x4 with a string nailed to it), a guitar made out of an old cigar box (with four strings), his famous 3-string Trance Wonder guitar and an old beat-up acoustic guitar. His array of guitars were complimented by a tattered Fifties Fender Tweed Deluxe amp, old Forties ribbon mics and other weird and wonderful vintage microphones. The natural sounds and echoes of the recording rooms were used for reverb and any delays were done with tape. This is a down in the dirt record. Feast your ears!

"I hope by making records like this, that it'll make people want to hear music that's recorded without the use of digital equipment, and that people's ears can get a little rest from all that shit,” commented Seasick. “But if not, at least it was nice for me. Me and computers do not see eye to eye.”

Look out for pre-order information coming soon!

All the best,
The Skunk=)
Mad Moe

4th Sep 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's my Dad's birthday presented sorted, cheers mate
nathy_87

4th Sep 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top Banana. Will be getting this, Cheers SteveW

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » SeaSick Steve fans 23 database queries in 0.0819700 seconds