corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advice needed. Car damaged while at body shop.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice needed. Car damaged while at body shop.
Steve X16XE

User status: Offline
4th Sep 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've taken my sisters Fiat Grande Punto to a garage to get her drivers wing straightned and sprayed.

Got a phone call from them saying that they can't get out of the car from inside. It's broken and it seams to be a popular thing to go. They asked if she's been having any problems with it, I said no.

They are wanting us to pay for this part that has done. It could have gone at any time but it just went while they have it.

What legal grounds do I have to tell them it's tough shit, they have to pay for it?
sand-eel

4th Sep 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely if its a known part to go wrong you would have been told about it? normally they are written in the reviews on the car..i would say you have a good chance of getting them to pay as it happened whilst in there ownership (whilst doing the spraying) .my mates saxo vts had his clifford alarm go tits up when he was having a clutch fitted,they messed around with it and eventually coughed up the full amount to have a new alarm fitted
Jamie-C

4th Sep 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^

Why have you posted this twice Steve?
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Echo
Steve X16XE

4th Sep 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on my phone and pressed refresh. It re-posted the post.

So what do you reccomend?
Jamie-C

4th Sep 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take your car back and fix it yourself. Its not their fault it broke.
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should of asked you if you wanted the work carrying out before they even touched the car.

Tell them you didnt as would of fixed it yourself, if they take any 'new' parts off the car then ask for the old broken one they took off as thats legally your property.
Steve X16XE

4th Sep 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THat now seams to be the problem. I said order the new bit. She really need her car back. I saw the damaged lock mechanism and went to Fiat to order a new one (as I get 10% off) and they fitted it. They are not charging for fitting.
sand-eel

4th Sep 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Surely if its a known part to go wrong you would have been told about it? normally they are written in the reviews on the car..i would say you have a good chance of getting them to pay as it happened whilst in there ownership (whilst doing the spraying) .my mates saxo vts had his clifford alarm go tits up when he was having a clutch fitted,they messed around with it and eventually coughed up the full amount to have a new alarm fitted

damn it doesn't make sense no more
Jamie-C

4th Sep 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I misread it, I didn't know they had already replaced the part. As Cosmo said then, say you didn't want it fixed so put the old item back on.
ed

4th Sep 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the handles on the rear doors of the first few 5 doors off of the production line which have this fault so we're talking '06 plates here. It's a warranty job, and anyway, they were meant to be repaired on recall.

I'm assuming this is the front door though because why would they be opening the rear doors from this inside, unless they're using it to go get their dinner
Jamie-C

4th Sep 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
THat now seams to be the problem. I said order the new bit. She really need her car back. I saw the damaged lock mechanism and went to Fiat to order a new one (as I get 10% off) and they fitted it. They are not charging for fitting.

Just pay for it then and have a fixed car
Steve X16XE

4th Sep 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ed, it is a 3dr 06 REG.

She hasn't paid for it. We did the "gang up on them" trick. Spun him round a few times and he said just pay up and go!

the front indicator bulb has now gone... I might go back and ask for that fixing
alan-g-w

4th Sep 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spun him round?
Steve X16XE

4th Sep 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right round baby right round........ he was on a swivel chair

Made him contradict himself.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advice needed. Car damaged while at body shop. 23 database queries in 0.0980940 seconds