corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Company Cycle Scheme

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Company Cycle Scheme
Simon

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
50% of commuting. Or part commuting.

They can't really check it. I'm not even sure if they want proof you still have the bike and not sold it!

Read the small print.....if the scheme is anything like the ones I looked into you will find it to be a bit of a shocker.

Ie, you never actually own the bike...if it gets nicked you refund 100% of value etc

Not sure what you were reading, but like said, most schemes have a 12month 'hire period' in which you pay off the bike and then it's officially yours after that
Jules S
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
50% of commuting. Or part commuting.

They can't really check it. I'm not even sure if they want proof you still have the bike and not sold it!

Read the small print.....if the scheme is anything like the ones I looked into you will find it to be a bit of a shocker.

Ie, you never actually own the bike...if it gets nicked you refund 100% of value etc

Not sure what you were reading, but like said, most schemes have a 12month 'hire period' in which you pay off the bike and then it's officially yours after that

'what happens at the end of the hire period'

http://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/employee,faqs.htm

So the employer, at the end of the hire period, has the option to sell you the bike at a 'fair and reasonable market value'

Now call me a cynic, but If you had a £500ish bike for 12 months what would you think it was worth?

£300 maybe?

That's probably more than you save in the NI and tax offset they claim 5% of the voucher cost is a usual settlement, but I was wary as a £500 bike is most definitely going to be worth more than £25 after 12 months use.

I'm not saying Ste shouldn't do it, just to walk into it with his eyes open
Kathryn W

23rd Sep 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ridgeback.co.uk/index.php?bikeID=81&seriesID=43&show_bike=TRUE

I got that
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's nice. how much do you pay back each month? mine is about £30 so I pay £360 for £600 worth of bike and accesories.

According to work's website, thre is a £20 fee at the end of 12 months to keep the bike. Considering if you were to buy it on a 12 month loan you would have paid about £650 then £380 is pretty cheap.

I'm probable going for this bike now:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_512517_langId_-1_categoryId_165499

and spend £150 on all the lights and security etc.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Kathryn W

23rd Sep 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay £19 i think for £380 worth.

Only see £3 difference in my pay packet though

[Edited on 23-09-2009 by Kathryn W]
iceman

24th Sep 09 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just bought a Specialized Rockhopper Pro 09 on this scheme, it was £1000 i got it for £600 then spent another £200 n bits for it lol

Cracking bike couldnt fault it and it got raving reviews, have a look an evans cycles website they do free delivery to

Stu
Ian W

24th Sep 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really want a rockhopper.

My work doesn't do this scheme though

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Company Cycle Scheme 24 database queries in 0.0117798 seconds