corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » HELP, info required on points

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP, info required on points
marklawton

User status: Offline
24th Sep 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother got pulled within the last hour for being on his phone while driving. he admitted he was so got 3 points and a £60 fine. the oficcer took his mobile phone number for some reason. now, this is were we need help,

the officer wrote the wrong number plate down on the document, he put a 6 instead of a 9, he didnt reliase this until he just got in and had a phone call off the officer telling him he has made a mistake and when he goes to the police station to hand in his document he should mention about the wrong number so they can correct this otherwise he will be held responsible.

is there anyway he could get away with this?
any info you could give us would be a big help, no silly comments please

[Edited on 24-09-2009 by marklawton]
sc0ott

24th Sep 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt they do a check up on the plate and if it dont match up with his details they would have wrote down then.............
marklawton

24th Sep 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah he did, and it came back that it was scrapped etc and he tryed to take the car off him but in the end he didnt. really dont no why he didnt notice then.
alan-g-w

24th Sep 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried something like this with a speeding ticket, the police got a letter wrong in my middle name on the ticket. I figured that, in theory, it wasn't me that they were going to have on the system and if anything happened with it I could claim this and get away with it. I was wrong.

Basically, they have his full name address and all the car details etc. One little 'typo' doesn't mean anything unfortunately.

edit, I thought you meant they got the mobile number wrong. Still, I don't think it would get you away with it.

[Edited on 24-09-2009 by alan-g-w]
Twiggy

24th Sep 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am sure it cant be used in court as its not his car on the form?

I would see a lawyer? free hour some places?

Or just accept that he has been done for an illegal act
Lynny

24th Sep 09 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes admitted commiting an illegal offence, why try to get out of it because the copper, who is only human, made a small mistake? as stated he'll have all the driver details etc, its the driver that gets the points not the car...
alan-g-w

24th Sep 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
hes admitted commiting an illegal offence, why try to get out of it because the copper, who is only human, made a small mistake?

It's nothing agaisnt the dyslexic officer, obviously you'd try to get out of 3pts and a £60 fine if you thought you could. Although I think you're in the police, so maybe doesn't apply to you
Lynny

24th Sep 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
hes admitted commiting an illegal offence, why try to get out of it because the copper, who is only human, made a small mistake?

It's nothing agaisnt the dyslexic officer, obviously you'd try to get out of 3pts and a £60 fine if you thought you could. Although I think you're in the police, so maybe doesn't apply to you

I am a police officer yes, and no wouldnt try to get out of it regardless end of the day, if i commit offences, I do so prepared for the punishment
alan-g-w

24th Sep 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, fair do's.
gtitim

24th Sep 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be classed as an administrative error. A wrong digit or incorrect spelling is not sufficient to prove it was not that person at the scene committing that offence.

I will take mobile numbers from phone offences too - it means that ultimately if the matter were to go to court, I could request a copy of calls made / received and therefore prove the offence. I have known for phones to be seized at the roadside as evidence where the offence has been disputed - and before anyone asks - yes there is a power under Section 19 of PACE to seize evidence of offence (and Section 22 allows you to retain it too!)
12vStig

25th Sep 09 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive heard of cases which have been thrown out of court due to such instances
bigboykarl

25th Sep 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this has happened to me twice....the first time i didn't produce and was taken to court for no license no mot and no insurance ....i turned up in crt say the prosecution before the judge sat down i showed him all my correct docs...he said but you only have a provisional license and you wasn't displaying l plates(was on a 125cc bike)...my reply was well your officer must have made another mistake..and i walked out of court scott free....
second time my reg was cov at the end and the police officer wrote cuv on ticket i paid the £60 fine and produced but got the officer to note the wrong reg(paid it as i was caught doing 99.12mph and was worried if i went to court and got a twat of a judge i'd geta ban....amyway 2 weeks after i paid they returned a letter with the cheque...this time we will not prosecute but remind you of your responsibility to drive within the law or some old bollocks....so result both times

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » HELP, info required on points 23 database queries in 0.3261251 seconds