corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VAUXHALL CORSA - FSE POWER BOOST VALVE -info..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VAUXHALL CORSA - FSE POWER BOOST VALVE -info..
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   29th Sep 09 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(sorry probs a re-post)

are these any good for the corsa sport 1.4 16v?

i no they are just a fuel regulator..just woundering if they are any good for performance? bottom end revs top end etc? i had one fitted to one of my sports a few year back but was already fitted so have not a clue the difference before and after fittment

bit of help and info peps...anyone running a one on there corsa sport
kev
Premium Member

29th Sep 09 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ and i have a mantzel inlet fitted will these run together? ^

ChrisBoom

29th Sep 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make no difference.
ed

29th Sep 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You only need to change the fuel pressure regulator to something that will up the pressure if you've got other mods that mean you can use the extra fuel. If you put one on a standard engine then it's not going to do much.

If you go for one then FSE aren't meant to be all that great, they don't hold pressure too well and tend to tail off a bit meaning you can go lean just when you don't want to (high revs). The Weber ones are better quality, as are the Aeromotive offerings. I believe Nic Barnes has a copy of an Aeromotive one on his car, which seems to do the job. But as with anything like this, you get what you pay for...
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends if it was set up properly in accordance to modifications by people opperating a rolling road then it may make a slight difference. possibly.
ed

29th Sep 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The limiting factor on this guys engine is probably going to be the cams. Different cams, higher fuel pressure and a remap would let you get a bit more from the engine with that manifold. You'd have to decide what you want to use the car for because if it's more for driving to work e.t.c.. you might not want lumpy idle and having to rev the tits off of it?
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats it, unless its going to get mapped and set up, id not really bother that much. it probably wont need one.
kev
Premium Member

29th Sep 09 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
The limiting factor on this guys engine is probably going to be the cams. Different cams, higher fuel pressure and a remap would let you get a bit more from the engine with that manifold. You'd have to decide what you want to use the car for because if it's more for driving to work e.t.c.. you might not want lumpy idle and having to rev the tits off of it?

no defo not! i use to car to go every were..

dont like lumpy idle and stuff like that.. i think am due a timing belt soon i might get some cams in when i get a belt what best cams to get these days
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 09 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all depends what type of cams you want. id imagine some fast road variety would suit you best.
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Sep 09 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer some newman 264's

More high end power without sacraficing drivability too much and will work on a standard head

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
kev
Premium Member

29th Sep 09 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
all depends what type of cams you want. id imagine some fast road variety would suit you best.

its for a 1.4 16v sport? last time i got cams (going years back) it made my old corsa tappy on cold morning's? is that normal.. bearing in mind that car got it head kicked in and is still going to this day!

anyone got any good cams to put forward like nic says fast road cams
kev
Premium Member

29th Sep 09 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
yer some newman 264's

More high end power without sacraficing drivability too much and will work on a standard head

whats the limit on a sports gear box before that will go bang though need to keep all this in mind
ed

30th Sep 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More than you'll make with that kind of setup
kev
Premium Member

1st Oct 09 at 00:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
More than you'll make with that kind of setup

Are they not limited to like 125mph are something before the blow?

ed

1st Oct 09 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the torque that kills them rather than the speed. There have been plenty of people before who have done similar mods to what you're planning without transmission problems, so I'd say you're pretty safe with the gearbox you have
DaveyLC

1st Oct 09 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are running standard management then its pointless really as there is no requirement for extra fuel pressure.

Best to get a fuel pressure regulator with a guage so at least you can have peace of mind your injectors are being fed the correct pressure

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VAUXHALL CORSA - FSE POWER BOOST VALVE -info.. 24 database queries in 0.0105369 seconds