corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is this wrong?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this wrong?
chrisritch

User status: Offline
9th Oct 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it weird that i've already lost interest in modifying my car?
i find myself all the time wishing i had something subtle and nice, comfy etc.
Im going to be joining a photography firm soon which will involve driving to locations etc and just makes me wonder what people will think when this little loud tin can turns up outside
will_doyle
Banned

9th Oct 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can modify a car and make it smart
Cosmo

9th Oct 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to growing up.
CorsAsh

9th Oct 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the clown said. You find more important things to do in life.
chrisritch

9th Oct 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a double edged sword though i reckon,
I don't like the stigma associated with saxos etc being chav cars and such but they are the only cars i have any reasonable chance of insuring
19 soon 1y NCB so ill have a shop around soon
C2RL R

9th Oct 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm still really tempted to go to town on the astravan but then i realise i'm 27. it's part of life. some people never grow out of it but most do.
bigjim172000

9th Oct 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have modified cars from the age of 17 upwards and sold my corsa 4 weeks ago an got it back yesterday cos i couldnt live without a moddified car lol. I thought i was over it but wasnt lol
Anty
Premium Member

9th Oct 09 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah it fine.. i gave up trying to do mine due to lack of funds, closest thing ive got to mods is a new hd unit, after some cheapo alloys, and the subwoofer of my hifi lol
DizzyRebel

9th Oct 09 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im the same, its not that i dont enjoy driving round in an understated, overpowered hatch. Its just i cant justify spending the money on something that will never return my investment again. Id much rather buy a few year old factory quick car thats still good to drive just without the drama and the boy racer stigma. Its just part of growing up.
chloe16v

9th Oct 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i LOVE my car and have an xe thats been sat in the garage for around 6 months now waiting to be fitted but when ever i get the money to have it done i always find something else i want to spend it on and now i have the dogs it really isnt practical, i always said thats what the fellas 4x4 was for but he isnt always around when i need to take the dogs somwhere, i have thought about selling it and getting something like an old shogun or a pinni but i really dont want to sell my car as i love it and its my only toy (no rude comments!)
Limecat
Banned

9th Oct 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's no so much the growing up that I find is the problem, it's finding the motivation to do shit when I have a perfectly fine everyday car (even though I have to get around to putting the proper 160 BHP Elise engine into it which is sat in the garage!)

I really have lost all interest in my Corsa Turbo, I think the problem is that it was the car I wanted 5 years ago and it has gone beyond it's original intentions and developed into a 'spec sheet' car.

My 5 Turbo, even though I love it, I cannot even find the time to change the bloody pads. A truely EPIC car when it is on the road (rarely TBH as it tends to run at near on 2 bar) but not practical as a daily driver.
J da Silva

10th Oct 09 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same problem with the c20let corsa I did, after doing 2 and wanting more and more from them I decided to do a monster, did the engine how I wanted it set it all up to run with the Wallace products, then I ended up getting really busy with work, working in different countries all the time, I just got fed up and lost interest, ended up giving it my brother who then had the same problem (he works with me) and sold it to a guy called dremmelmaster (Kev) on here.

6 years later I had a little urge to do it all again now I am basically at home 24/7, but I decided I would buy a nice standard driveable car that I'd enjoy, so got the P1 Impreza instead (which I don't regret).

But I have a proper family car now (not the scoob) and modding is a thing of the past, still come on here to read the banter as it's good fun and still keep intouch with friends I made on here whilst I was a little modding chavvo.
Twiggy

10th Oct 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold up after spending days on the tarmac freezing my tits off fixing them etc

So a bought french cars......
Shell
Premium Member

10th Oct 09 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish Eck would feel the same way
Liam

10th Oct 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I add up how much i've spent (read wasted ) in the last 10 months on my car it make me wish i'd just saved the money, and kept it standard as i'd be better off for it...
Carl

10th Oct 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It happens. I've some cyclones (306 alloys) i've been refurbing for the last 3 month sat in the garage, the only motivation I have for them now is that I have some decent tyres for them, the tyres I have on my car at the minute are terrible.
Colin

10th Oct 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happens to the best of us

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is this wrong? 23 database queries in 0.0128229 seconds