corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » new router teething probs - help?!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new router teething probs - help?!
Wrighty

User status: Offline
16th Oct 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv put a wireless router in so my rents can use their new laptop on t'interweb, im still wired but my new netgear dgn 2000 is causing me a couple of headaches, firstly i could turn my computer on and it would only pickup a local connection, no internet..rebooted router and it would come on ok...worked good as before...

tonight it did it again but i got windows to diagnose the connection problem, it said disable the Tcp/ip protocol not supported by the router..Ok so there is only 2, ipv4 (old) and ipv6 (new). disabled 4, didnt make a difference, still unable to get online. disabled 6 and re-enabled 4 and got online..now iv only got 8meg broadband but now everything is shit slow...its taking an absolute age to load everything, and i can only put it down to the router as its the only thing thats changed.

have i done something wrong i do i need to change something within the routers setup? im not too clued up on routers

multiplexings set to - VC based (other option is LLC)
Encapsulations set to PPPoA (other option is PPPoE)

how can i get it back to the speed it used to be

Wrighty

User status: Offline
16th Oct 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just scrapped upnp also...seems marginally better? although still slow

New Poll