corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Planning Consent/Plan Approval

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Planning Consent/Plan Approval
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 09 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know there are a few people on here who work in the industry; if possible could someone send me a PDF/DXF of a set of planning drawings so I can see what I need to nclude in terms of detail.

Ideally, its for a small front Porch and rear single storey, pitch roof extension along with a small side extension. I can probably build the porch/side extension on building regs alone without planning permission but as the rear extension takes us over the limit; I want to put in for planning on everything at once. I'm doing the plans but just need to see a set to see what's required first.

I'm guessing current plan, side elevation and face views to correspond with views showing the proposed extensions but how much detail is realistically required. I would like the planning drawings to go someway towards being the construction drawings for the builders/me

Cheers in advance

Rich
AndyKent

22nd Oct 09 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much really. Just make sure you list the materials to be used for walls/roofs/rainwater goods and your set tbh.

With our planning apps we do full plans/section/elevations and do all the design work as if we were going to build it. We just stop short of specifying anything so the drawing is just bare (ie. no door/window references, no drainage, no substructure shown).
Neo

22nd Oct 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my parents had their extensions done, i did all the drawings and they were all acceptable and passed (was only 14/15 at the time)

Included 2 elevations (Front and side), then all the other drawings were done in Visio.

Be sure to include Internal and External Measurements, Clearly define windows and doors (and measurements). I didn't include the current elevations or plans, however this might have changed. Will try and find the website i used to help.

Just ensure every possible dimension is clear.
Neo

22nd Oct 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Not much really. Just make sure you list the materials to be used for walls/roofs/rainwater goods and your set tbh.

Thought that is seperate documentation and not on the drawings tbh
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Oct 09 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone got a pdf that they could send without getting sacked?
a_j_mair

22nd Oct 09 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check list

existing plans scale 1;100
existing elevations scale 1:100

proposed plans 1:50
proposed elevations 1:100
sectional elevations if required 1:100

block plan 1:500
site plan 1:1250

All finishes are normally filled in on forms but i would advise some general notes with regards to finishes and any design notes that may be relevant, glass bi-fold doors, steps etc

Also make sure all rooms are named and dimensioned

whats your email and il send you something over

*edit - terribile spelling

[Edited on 22-10-2009 by a_j_mair]
Fad

22nd Oct 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are usually guidance notes of what they require on the application forms.
AndyKent

22nd Oct 09 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We always note the materials on the drawings too just so its perfectly clear.

Less important with small extensions, but if you want to put up a new house or development you have to remember that the drawings will end up getting sent out to people without the forms you fill in so they might not know what the materials are.
M2RTY

22nd Oct 09 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just done a double extention in powerpoint and it was accepted lol

New Poll