corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Platini at it again

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Platini at it again
Cosmo

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5671270,00.html

Amazing how he doesnt mention that little club in Spain who has gone on a stupid spending spree this summer.

Fucking tool. Fuck off as we dont give two fucks about you and your opinions.
strick206

3rd Nov 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's just a fucking idiot. Sooner he dies a horrible death the better
Ojc

3rd Nov 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't open the page at work keeps crashing, but I imagine he is moaning about spending in the Premier League?

Why doesn't that French cunt fuck off and do us all a favour? I hate the French more than any other nation the surrender pathetic excuse for a country.
Cosmo

3rd Nov 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uefa president Michel Platini has called for measures to be introduced to rid Premier League clubs of massive debt, while at the same time questioning foreign ownership prevalent within the top flight.

In a wide ranging interview with The Telegraph Platini, oft cited as being a critic of English football, has spoken on a number of subjects affecting the national game.

One of his primary concerns is the amount of debt clubs are seemingly willing to put themselves in, with the Frenchman calling for tighter measures on spending.

Put simply, Platini's philosophy is that a given club's expenditure should not exceed its income and the Frenchman has set a deadline of three years for these ideas to be implemented.

"We have three years to regulate the situation," he said. "The idea is not to kill the clubs but to help them have better balance. As (Manchester United chief executive) David Gill says: 'the devil is in the details'.''

"Gill is a very good guy and perhaps United will resolve the debts in the future. If you put the same [strict] regulations for all the clubs in Europe, they will accept.
Not acceptable

"The philosophy to participate in our competitions is you must not spend more money than you receive. If United have €300 million and they spend €400 million - no! If Liverpool pay €60 million (interest) every year to the banks, it's a lot of money.

He added: "Every owner has asked me for a better philosophy, for better transparency. In Germany, debts are not accepted. In England they are.

"Some of the chief executives are not OK with the chance of new regulations [on debt] because they don't want to change their business. The owners are OK with it. Abramovich hardly bought one player this year.

"By putting in new rules we will protect the business of Abramovich, Massimo Moratti [at Inter Milan] or Glazer. I am sure they want to sell but who will buy clubs with so many debts? Who would be that stupid?

"If you regulate the system, many people will be interested in buying. I am not a big economist but I am logical.''

Identity crisis

Platini is also of the opinion English football is in danger of suffering an identify crisis due to the influx of foreign investment in the Premier League.

"I believe [local] players and fans of Manchester and Liverpool create this atmosphere, this popularity. Identity is the basis of everything in football.

"It is the people of Tottenham against the people of Arsenal, the people of Abu Dhabi against the people of Riyadh.

"I like people to put their money in their own leagues. You English can put in rules so you have no more foreign owners, like in Germany where no foreign owner can have more than 50 per cent of shares in a club.

"In France, the stadiums belong to the city, who decide what is good for them. I like the Barcelona model. The fans are the owners and you can never have a foreign owner. It's great.''
Tom

3rd Nov 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's moaning about debt and foreign ownership (again, yawn). He's trying to take the premier league (and football in general) back 20 years, I agree with bits he is saying about debt but the 'identity crisis' created by foreign ownership is rubbish. Whether it's full ownership or limited stakes it's not likely to affect the atmosphere created by fans week on week, he's not backed up that 'concern' with anything other than a line saying he likes people to put money into there own leagues' so fucking what if you like it you bell end
Ojc

3rd Nov 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is just jealous because the French league is so fucking shit.
BYRON

3rd Nov 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
He is just jealous because the French league is so fucking shit.

Dont mince your words Oliver.
Ojc

3rd Nov 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Platini at it again 24 database queries in 0.0083592 seconds