corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Music heads / DJ's..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Music heads / DJ's..
Daimo B

User status: Offline
12th Nov 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im fancying myself at being a Judge Jules or whatever....

OK, so i've just got a lot of trance type tunes that I want to cut the ends off (intros into other mixes) and "TRY" to mix into other tunes in my collection.

Is there any freeware available online I can download to do this with, so I can basically make my own mix up?

Taaaa
M2RTY

12th Nov 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use Traktor DJ, but technically its not free

cuttingends off tracks will cut the build up/down parts of the music used for mixing

mixing 2 main parts of tracks will end up in too much going on, best off with 7 minute versions as a good minute can be mixing it in and another mixing it out
mark_gsi

12th Nov 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i was looking for some thing the other day aswell.
Wrighty

12th Nov 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

perhaps you could use audacity BUT...id suggest go on ebay, buy some DVD's of unmixed music you like..i just got a shedload of classic trance and bassline, theyre not my style but its all about giving something different a go, and as its slower then hardcore i find it easier to mix.

if your serious about it, look at 2 books.
'How to DJ properly' or ' DJing for dummies' these will explain everything for a noob.
Dont expect to become judge jules overnight - be prepared to spend a lot of time practicing and i mean A LOT. iv been at it for nearly 9 months and im only just getting it.
Carl

12th Nov 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

acid/sony pro I used to use, quite easy to get to grips with.
M2RTY

12th Nov 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you tube is full of videos on using the software too

jacko198

13th Nov 09 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Abelton, if you want to eventually do some mixing, you have definatly got to take a look at this. You can get the student version (full version just cheeper) cheepy cheep too
Dec-Rossi

13th Nov 09 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DJ HERO
Dom

13th Nov 09 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Abelton, if you want to eventually do some mixing, you have definatly got to take a look at this. You can get the student version (full version just cheeper) cheepy cheep too

Second this, especially as the in-built beat matching is spot on. Although i would say it's more useful if you want to make a mixed compilation CD rather DJ'ing as such (don't get me wrong, it's brilliant in a Live sense of things, that's what i was originally created for, but it's suited for doing your own thing rather than mixing tracks about).

If you want a go at Dj'ing (virtually using a pc/mac) then i would get hold of Traktor. It works pretty well and you can learn a lot from it, although i've find using an external controller (like a Kontrol DJ, Hercules MK2) or digital vinyl (miss pink, scratch pro) get's the most out of it.
Daimo B

13th Nov 09 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't actually want to DJ tbh..

I just want get rid of the end of some DL music (where other intros are mixed in), and add on my own other tunes.... So just fancied seeing what free software was available to edic tracks, and merge some other tunes in..

More for my phone tbh, so I don't listen to a tune, then another one starts, then all of a sudden something else comes on.. Would rather have one long continueous mix of my favourite trance music going from one tune to another.

I tried DJ'ing, i was terrible. I'd get 30 seconds from the end of the tune I was mixing before getting in beat properly
wilson_sri

13th Nov 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ableton or traktor are probably a bit advanced for what you are wanting, there big files and no point having them take up huge space on your computer if your not going to get everything out of them.

Fruity loops would be my advice to get, plus its free version from the website will be more than enought for what you need. Iv never personally used it, but know a couple people that have used it for what your doing.

[Edited on 13-11-2009 by wilson_sri]
Pip308

13th Nov 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clicky click click http://download.cnet.com/Virtual-DJ/3000-18502_4-10212112.html?tag=mncol
took me a min to find.
If you use it let me know if its any good (Y)
Matty L

14th Nov 09 at 04:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the sounds of it ableton is exactly what you want mate

http://www.ableton.com/downloads

Its what i use to cut tracks up, make specials set edits, boolegs and use it for production too its great

[Edited on 14-11-2009 by Matty L]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Music heads / DJ's.. 23 database queries in 0.1465149 seconds