corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Internationals Sponsored By '209 days'

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Internationals Sponsored By '209 days'
will_doyle
Banned

User status: Offline
14th Nov 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
England wont win
Cosmo

14th Nov 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, Gerrard needs to move to a CL club to improve himself
Limecat
Banned

14th Nov 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He will do next year though Cosmo off the logic that you need to move to a CL club to improve oneself, surely a player needs to remain at a CL club to maintain a similar level?
Cosmo

14th Nov 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH it was more in answer to Robbo where he said Milner looked overawed by the occasion for the second game in a row, so I was making out that if he played for a CL club he would play in those sorts of games against those sort of players on a regular basis, and therefore improve that part of his game.

Gerrard and Johnson have been there and done that and I dont think look overawed very (ever?) often, so your example was a bit crap. Now if you had said someone like Eccleston, or one of the many young lads, then yeah possibly.
p

15th Nov 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a terrible game. I bet that would of given Capello more problems than answers.

As for Foster another stupid mistake to give away the penalty and he should of got a red card for that. If he seriously wants to ply for England then please sod off from the club you play for, the guy rarely gets a minute on the pitch so how can he think he can be on the plane to SA when the likes of James, Green, Kkirkland, Hart etc play every week.

As for him being this 'great young up and coming goalkeeper' he is 26 not 21 or 22 which is what Hart is for example 22.
Cosmo

15th Nov 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh 26 is still young for a goalie.
Robbo

15th Nov 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with oCsmo, if Milner wants to be an England regular he needs to be playing regularly aginst top opposition and that means L IMO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2009/11/mixed_fortunes_for_england_duo.html

God knows what math McNulty was wathign as Milner was absolute pap as for darren bent, seems harsh for that match to nhave been his one and only opportunity as there was no service whatsoever!
Rob_Quads

15th Nov 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The crosses yesterday were dire. Don't think I have seen so many poor corners that don't make it past the first man

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Internationals Sponsored By '209 days' 24 database queries in 0.0096650 seconds