corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Two inputs -> one set of speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Two inputs -> one set of speakers
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 09 at 05:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a cheapass 2.1 speaker set for my telly (which also cheapass) as the speakers built into my TV suck, and rattle with any bass

I've got my SkyHD box wired into the speaker set via those phono cable thingies (one for Right, and one for Left) - and they plug into the back of the sub which also doubles up as the 'control unit' or whatever you call it.

I've also now got my 360 working after months of rotting with RROD, and it plugs into the telly via HDMI - but the sound through the TV speakers is already doing my head in so I'd like to send the sound to my 2.1 setup too.

I've seen:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XBOX-360-Optical-Phono-Audio-Adapter-Cable-DONGLE_W0QQitemZ250510403306QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item3a539566ea#ht_3602wt_940

which If I understand right should allow the video to remain through HDMI, yet the audio is split off down phono cables, or optical. (does anyone know any non-ebay retailer which sells these? I've got no idea what to google for - and stumbled across it on ebay )

In my case I'd use the phono cables, but then my 2.1 sub only has one set of input available, which my sky box is currently using. Are there any cheap* solutions to 'merging' two sources of phono, into a single set of plugs?

*I realise the 'proper' solution would be to buy an AV amp which could just take both HDMI inputs and output them to a decent speaker setup - but my TV setup really isn't worth throwing too much money at, so I'd much prefer to spend a few quid on cables and adapters to make it work

Hopefully that all makes sense...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
xa0s
Banned

23rd Nov 09 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google for "Optical Phono Audio Adapter Cable" -- I believe they only came in bundled Xbox 360's so I doubt you'll find a retailer who sells them. I may be wrong, though.

...and yes, something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190344417677

You'll need two of them obviously. Plug both L's into one and both R's into the other.
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 06:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just logged back onto CS as I'd been poking round the maplin website and found exactly what I needed, so was going to delete this thread

Cheers anyway, I'll sort the xbox adapter from ebay and a couple of phono 'mergers'.

Will leave this thread up, might help someone else out one day, who knows

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll