corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need your help Fairly urgent

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need your help Fairly urgent
djmattyh

User status: Offline
29th Nov 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, I would be very greatful if I could have a few of your opinions...

Driving home earlier gave it a bit of beans as I left work, cold start, although had warmed up a tiny bit. as I put my foot down it started playing up - serious loss of power, kangarooing, misfire, etc thought it was the fuel but had a little bit left and stuck a fiver in after the engine mishap. anyway the engine slowly died and cut out. tried restarting it and it just cranked over but got no further had a play under the bonnet, checked there was a spark in every plug. as my mate was towing me i bumped it but engine never stayed on for longer than 5 seconds. the timing belt is on but i think its slipped?

What would you people think?? help

edit : if it is the belt how much would it cost to fix?

[Edited on 29-11-2009 by djmattyh]
Richardhhha

29th Nov 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll need to take the timing vocer off to make sure its timed up..

if its slipped a tooth or 2 then set it back up so timing is right and cross your fingers that you havent gosed any valves sorry thats the fun and games with these engines.

could also check that any vacume hoses are damaged as they go aswell..

but if you said its happend after giving it some beans then it sounds like the timings jumped
djmattyh

29th Nov 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i was dreading someone confirming the belt theory i have been trying loads of times to start it so i just may have knackered it thanks

New Poll