corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Motocross / Enduro Bikes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motocross / Enduro Bikes
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 09 at 03:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen alot of people with either motocross or enduro bike in there profile pics, just wondering who has something like that and what on here?

Do you race or practice or just field use?

Ill start with my Husaberg FE400 2003, selling as soon as i get an mot on it so i can get a motocross bike, probs CRF250 or KXF250.

DizzyRebel

3rd Dec 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt bother with a small cap 4 stroke - they are only good for racing. far too highly strung and cost a packet to rebuild for a sunday scramble.

Get yourself a CRF450 or a 250 2 stroke!
fir3vip3r

3rd Dec 09 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

125 2 strokes are where its at
22B

3rd Dec 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r

the man speaks sense, absolutely knackering compared to the bigger bikes due to the riding style, especially in enduro, hare and hounds

heres mine 2009 Yamaha YZ 125

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by 22B]
DizzyRebel

4th Dec 09 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:

the man speaks sense, absolutely knackering compared to the bigger bikes due to the riding style, especially in enduro, hare and hounds

Do 10 laps on a 125 and 10 on a 250 and i guarantee the 250 will have you wanting to pit after 6 or 7!

125 are nice and light and not too much of a handful, good beginner mx bikes. 250s are brutal, throttle is like an on off switch and it takes all your strength just to hold onto them!
Graeme
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 04:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been on a few 250 4 strokes and used to own a yz125 and I much prefer the 250. Goba b used for some hare and hound events but mainly mx practices and a few races! I do pretty much most my own maintenence but if I don't I have a bike mechanic from a local shop who does private work at £25 an hour so not bad there.

A 450 would just get away from me I recon, I'm not small but my 400 is pretty powerfull and feals very much like a mx bike and anything more would b to fast I recon.
22B

4th Dec 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:

Do 10 laps on a 125 and 10 on a 250 and i guarantee the 250 will have you wanting to pit after 6 or 7!

125 are nice and light and not too much of a handful, good beginner mx bikes. 250s are brutal, throttle is like an on off switch and it takes all your strength just to hold onto them!

Mabe in mx discipline the 250 is more tiring, but in hare and hounds/ enduro, to keep up with the 250 4 strokes and 250 2 strokes on a 125 2 stroke you have to be flat out and take a lot more risks, due to the fact that the 125 barely generates any low down torque. You cant get away with lugging the bike like on a 250, you have to be in the powerband or slipping the clutch and when it comes to steep climbs its all about your momentum, which is negated a bit due to the lightweight of a 125.

Think mine comes in about 88Kg, still heavy to pick up when your tired

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Motocross / Enduro Bikes 24 database queries in 0.0111718 seconds