corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » your views?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author your views?
16vKarlos

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on Protein(sp) Shakes.

I have been out of work now for about a year due to my partner being seriously sick while pregnant.
I have now recently been able to get back to the gym but i have put on some weight and i am now on the up so that i can do my training for the RAF.

i want to be in by september next year, so i am now down the gym 3 times a week.

would it be better for me to drink protein(sp) shakes or just stick to the hardcoring.

I am down the gym on
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays so its a pretty good schedule.

Your viems please

edit - p.s. i am now able to be back at work so i am on the search
Karlos

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by 16vKarlos]
am4nf

3rd Dec 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, but you need a good diet to go along with them
16vKarlos

3rd Dec 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to be in the Prem league in canada for football (In my age group)

I know that Pastas are good to eat and the obvious veggies.

whats the best meals to be eating, that i can make for the kids too

Karlos
Wrighty

3rd Dec 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats your aim?
am4nf

3rd Dec 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as you said, pasta's, salad's, chicken, egg's without the yolk, fish etc etc
16vKarlos

3rd Dec 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my aim is to be back to my old fitness.

• Ideally i will be able to do a 12 minute mile. (Possibly less time but with comfort)
  • Be able to do push-ups + sit-ups 50 of each poss more.

Basically my legs are very well built, but i have never really done any upper body strenghening.
    I want to tone the fat and produce more strength.

I am very strong + have done Kickboxing in the past. but over the last year I have hit a low as i have had to sit at home and do fuck all.

Karlos
  • J4M13

3rd Dec 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 12 minute mile is capable of being done by a one legged man tbh fella. have you actually timed yourself over a mile?
    16vKarlos

3rd Dec 09 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never been timed over a mile but i know it is very possibe.
    Thats what i have to do for the RAF Fitness training. but i know i will be able to do this.

Karlos
    Pete_vxl

3rd Dec 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try sports day, a lot of people discuss this sort of thing in there. They share their eating and work out plans too mate.
    J4M13

3rd Dec 09 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time youself when you get chance, i think you will be suprised what time you get if you have atleast some sort of basic fitness which by the sounds of it you do.
    As for the push ups and sit ups, just smash as many out as you can every night or so and you should quickly see improvement. When i was training for the RAF Reg i went from being able to do about 10 to being able to smash out 65ish in 2mins after a couple month.
    16vKarlos

3rd Dec 09 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie - Im on it matey..

I shall be back at the gym on saturday and i will time myself.

p.s. the treadmill is in KPH whats this in Miles. ill try find a good site

karlos
    J4M13

3rd Dec 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wanna be hitting the road even if the tests are on a treadmill, if you get to a good standard out on the road, when you come to running the treadmill you will piss it.
    Pop

3rd Dec 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can walk a mile in 15 minutes. I think you'll probably be really suprised how much faster than 12 minutes you can run it.
    Pop

3rd Dec 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by J4M13
    You wanna be hitting the road even if the tests are on a treadmill, if you get to a good standard out on the road, when you come to running the treadmill you will piss it.

It's weird on a treadmill. I joined a gym a while ago to work on speed work and also pacing consitent miles. I really struggled on a treadmill as I felt like I wasn't going anywhere and it was very artificial.
    J4M13

3rd Dec 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean, the thing i hate most about treadmills is how boring running on them is, id rather hit the canal/woods/hills etc
    Nath

3rd Dec 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been aiming for the time set for the Marines training assessment when running. It's 2.4km in around 10mins. My gym buddy is applying so we've both been aiming for that. I'm currently about 45secs out. But then there's nothing of me
    KingDoug

3rd Dec 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I came into this thread expecting to see lots of pictures from CS members windows. I am disappointed
    16vKarlos

3rd Dec 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a look at google calculator. i believe i have conquered that goal.. i may aim for your goal Nath.

I should get that now that i hav an understanding of the miles to kilometres
    Karlos
    16vKarlos

3rd Dec 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by KingDoug
    I came into this thread expecting to see lots of pictures from CS members windows. I am disappointed

Karlos
    J4M13

4th Dec 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am i right in thinking 2.4km is about 1.5miles Nath? The marines initial fitness test for running is done on a treadmill aswell isnt it?

I was training for The Paras a few months ago untill i got deferred till next december
    The initial fitness tests you have to smash out 1.5miles in under 9mins, i was close to that time when i gave it everything i had including throwing up at the end im not a naturally good runner at all.
    Running with a partner i find always helps for motivation and keeps you going a little bit longer. Its all in the mind, ignore the pain and keep running

[Edited on 04-12-2009 by J4M13]
    DizzyRebel

4th Dec 09 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

protein powder is good for putting size on, 50g pre and 50g post workout and 50g in the morning would be a good addition to your diet.

pasta is shit for you, if you have to eat any carbs have oats or rice, but only have them for breakfast and straight after training. Dont eat them at any other point during the day.

Eat 5 times a day, lean protein at each meal with a serving of veg, limit your fruit intake to mornings and training times.

Your energy source should come from dietary fats, best source of these are nuts and whole eggs, munch on nuts throughout the day and it will lean you up and keep you ticking over nicely.

Also lay off the running, its not good for you and fucks your knees... if you want arthritis in your knees and ankles and lower back in your 40/50s then by all means keep it up! cycling or rowing is your new cardio partner, and if you want to put any size on limit that to 45 mins or less 4 times a week

concentrate on resistance training, you will look better and feel better for it.

[Edited on 04-12-2009 by DizzyRebel]
    Bobber123

4th Dec 09 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tuna, chicken, potato etc, museli in a morning is good and its a slow reliser so keeps you going, egg whites. protein shakes are a good supplement to a missed meal etc, also, drink loads of water. if your wanting to tone up and not bulk up do more reps with less weight to tone the muscle thats already there and burn off fat. a good sleeping pattern is good too, also, jogging with a backpak with bottles of water in or weights is a good idea. my mates training for the marines and he runs every night in full army clothes, with weights on his back... im just waaay too lazy to do all of the above!
    Limecat
    Banned

4th Dec 09 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12 minute mile?
    DizzyRebel

4th Dec 09 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do people keep saying egg whites? on their own you cant digest them properly... you need yolk in there for the complete protein enzyme.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » your views? 23 database queries in 0.0133550 seconds