corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Medical Certificates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Medical Certificates
Sunz

User status: Offline
6th Dec 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How f**king hard is it to get these.

Had a Large giant cell tumour in my right knee, its basically eats through the bone and replaces bone mass with tumour mass.
It was on the right knee joint.
After they removed the tumour they packed the hole that was left with a bone cement compound and since then I have problem with the joint.
Standing for even 5 minutes causes the join to lock up and its then painful to move, walking causes an after affect, will not be great pain to walk but after it burns.
The joint clicks and the knew does not bend fully or straighten out fully and causes pain

The job centre is sending me on course that are 2-3 hours away and I don't have my own transport at the moment and even if I did there is no parking.
And telling me to apply for jobs in sorting offices and warehouses where I would be lifting and stand for long amounts of time
They said they wont pay for a taxi and I can't get a medical certificate from my Doctor as she said there is no proof of pain on my record
I went to the doctors on the 20 of September, complained of pain and discomfort, went to hospital for x rays and then mri scans and then went to see my consultant and got a letter to say -

"There is a crack in the cement and there is a large lesion very close to the joint, your knee has undergone massive trauma and it is very unlikely that it will ever be normal again.
The other option is to have a Proximal tibal replacement with a concomitant knee replacement"

And yet my Doctor says this is not enough and the job centre will not accept my consultant's letter
If I don't go they stop my money

Sorry for the little book, pretty pissed off, course is from 7th to the 18th and I know I will have pain over Christmas now
Shell
Premium Member

6th Dec 09 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This really pisses me off. Every dosser and their gran can make thousands from benifits, but someone has a GENUINELY debilitating health issue and they don't want to know. There is something far wrong there.
andy1868

6th Dec 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldn't have put it better myself shelley

get your bird pregnant and claim asylum tbh mate

[/sweeping statement]

[Edited on 06-12-2009 by andy1868]
Ellis

6th Dec 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh FFS, Shelley hit it on the nose - don't stand for that shit mate.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Medical Certificates 23 database queries in 0.0114050 seconds