corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Right, about this war in Afghanistan.........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Right, about this war in Afghanistan.........
Tiger

User status: Offline
7th Dec 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, ultimate respect for anyone that's part of the war out there on the frontline or otherwise.

Secondly, its hugely sad that we are losing soldiers out there and this is no disrespect to anyone that has lost their life out there.

Can I just say though, on the news they go on about soldiers being killed out there. But hold on a minute, its a fucking war? They government decided to send them out there then they get all emotional when people get shot up.

I just don't understand what the government expect? Did they expect that it would be a casualty free war or what? I tell you what happened, they bit off way more than they could chew as fucking usual.

It's not comparable to WWII of course, but there were 22-25 million military personel killed in that campaign.

Apparently since being in Afghanistan, they've made very little progress, thats whether or not you believe the press.

MarkSport

7th Dec 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish i had the power gordon brown does.I'd put all the sick peodophiles and rapist in the soldiers place.at least that way if they get shot it's no big loss.

[Edited on 07-12-2009 by MarkSport]
Aaron

7th Dec 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
I wish i had the power gordon brown does.I'd put all the sick peodophiles and rapist in the soldiers place.at least that way if they get shot it's no big loss.

Gordon Brown hasn't got that "power".
MarkSport

7th Dec 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you know what i mean.This country is a fucking mess and getting worse by the day.same as knife crime..5 year ago it was hardly heard of.Now it seems to be a fashion

[Edited on 07-12-2009 by MarkSport]
DizzyRebel

7th Dec 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are dying for nothing though. Well thats a lie, they are dying to try and claim a percentage of the oil wells out there and give america a big old brown nosing.

There are no WMD's there, we should have pulled out years ago. Its a fucking farce and a waste of lives.
Mike GSi

7th Dec 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nuke them

TBH!

[Edited on 07-12-2009 by Mike GSi]
Cosmo

7th Dec 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the Govt. complaining about them being killed, they understood that casulties would happen.

Its the tree huggers that go on about it. At the end of the day, just war or not, people sign up to our armed forces knowing full well they are at the call of the Govt. to go in to dangerous situations that could see them be killed - its exceptionally sad when it happens but that is part of being in the armed forces.
MarkSport

7th Dec 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Its not the Govt. complaining about them being killed, they understood that casulties would happen.

Its the tree huggers that go on about it. At the end of the day, just war or not, people sign up to our armed forces knowing full well they are at the call of the Govt. to go in to dangerous situations that could see them be killed - its exceptionally sad when it happens but that is part of being in the armed forces.

Totally agree, However I was speaking to a few guys in the forces and they said about the american soldiers being lazy making the british troops do everything
Tiger

7th Dec 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Yeah but its made into this thing that 'its not supposed to happen' by the media. By rights its not, had we not decided to have our forces there fighting a battle that can't be won, even in 20 years. But yes, war will always have its deaths, its just that the way the fallen get talked about, its like it was totally unexpected.
Ojc

7th Dec 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Students and tree huggers are the downfall of this country.
DizzyRebel

7th Dec 09 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Dont forget politicians.
Conway563

8th Dec 09 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
They are dying for nothing though. Well thats a lie, they are dying to try and claim a percentage of the oil wells out there and give america a big old brown nosing.

There are no WMD's there, we should have pulled out years ago. Its a fucking farce and a waste of lives.

When has anyone ever said anything about there being WMD's in Afghanistan and I didn't realise there were any oil wells there TBH
I think you should maybe read up on what your shouting before you jump on the horse
Shell
Premium Member

8th Dec 09 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Why are people STILL harping on about oil?
If they pull out now, those men/women have died for nothing. Their families will go through life knowing that they died and nothing was achieved. But when people sign up the army, they don't do it hoping they'll never ever have to go to war. What do you think the army is about? They take the chance of dying. And they do it feeling that it's right. (Not all of them, but that's another matter).
It's just a shame they are being sent out underequipped.

[Edited on 08-12-2009 by Shelley]
johnhara1

8th Dec 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We won't win this war.

Shell
Premium Member

8th Dec 09 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't even think it's about winning, that's the point. They're not out there to say who's got the bigger willy.
BarnshaW

8th Dec 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
quote:

Why are people STILL harping on about oil?
If they pull out now, those men/women have died for nothing. Their families will go through life knowing that they died and nothing was achieved. But when people sign up the army, they don't do it hoping they'll never ever have to go to war. What do you think the army is about? They take the chance of dying. And they do it feeling that it's right. (Not all of them, but that's another matter).
It's just a shame they are being sent out underequipped.

[Edited on 08-12-2009 by Shelley]

its still no reason to KEEP people out there simply to please the families of people whom have died. All that will happen in keeping them out there is more deaths........
Wrighty_1988

8th Dec 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Dont forget politicians.

And immigrants, refering to the stabbing reply.
johnhara1

8th Dec 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
I don't even think it's about winning, that's the point. They're not out there to say who's got the bigger willy.

The so called objective was to find bin laden, find the leaders of Al Qaeda and remove the taliban who fight for Al-Qaeda.

I mean they won't defeat the Taliban or Al-Qaeda who they are fighting. I.e they will not win this war.

Now they are training the country's own army and police to fight for themselves but alot of them are corrupt.

[Edited on 08-12-2009 by johnhara1]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Right, about this war in Afghanistan......... 23 database queries in 0.0078380 seconds