corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » locking wheel nuts.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author locking wheel nuts.
Ben G

User status: Offline
13th Dec 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be a silly question, but since mine are ruined (nut remover keeps slipping off) i thought i'd get some new ones as it's a bit annoying.

why are there loads of different ones on the halfords website? theres some for 15 quid and some for 36 quid. even at 15 quid, there are 2 different product codes.

thought they were universal? or am i being stupid?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&categoryId=-1&langId=-1&action=listrefine&constraints=ese||i%3A1%3B256%3B%3Bmcgard%3B%3Amcgard%3B1%2C1%3B%2B0||sea||mcgard||neq||Price||15.0

[Edited on 13-12-2009 by Ben G]
alan-g-w

13th Dec 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thread size + length might be different.
FAZ
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got told that different cars had different thread paterns

so when i tried halfords, they said they ddint have any in for dads focus, so tried ford themselves
Nic Barnes

13th Dec 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some wheels have different bits for the bolts to go in etc aswell so different size heads like what bk racing wheels have and some 1000+ which they dont make anymore
Ben G

13th Dec 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like it's a trip to ford tomorrow then.

cheers
djgritt
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Different Thread sizes, pitches & lengths
Also, different size/angled chamfered sections
And, different size heads to fit in different sized orifices on the wheels themselves

Also, McGard kits (halfords sell them), they might all be unique with different patterns for the keys, but, from experience, the keys are shite, and soft, and get chewed up pretty damn easily.

I ended up removing my Mcgards completely and ditching them for some other type altogether, for that reason (my key got chewed up)
davcohen

14th Dec 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say check the bay

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » locking wheel nuts. 23 database queries in 0.1492171 seconds