corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Winter / ski season jobs???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Winter / ski season jobs???
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Dec 09 at 02:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever done a season in a resort? I had a job offer out in Meribel which I turned down and 2 months later I get made redundant so now I'm going no matter what.

I'm desperately looking for a job before I go but haven't had any luck yet!

Anyone got any contacts and what job and where did u go?

Any info or advice is very much appreciated. Know of any sites that employers put up wanted ads this late?

Cheers
Graeme
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

24th Dec 09 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i posted a thread about this earlier this year cos i really wanna do a snowboardin season

sure someone will get back to ya, i know livelee's sister does it and he had some info i think
ed

24th Dec 09 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's too late to get something proper now. Your best bet is to hope someone walks out. Try http://www.natives.co.uk I used to work for http://www.wastelandski.com but they didn't really do whole season jobs, so you have to fill in your time in between with other stuff.

[Edited on 24-12-2009 by ed]
Graeme
Premium Member

24th Dec 09 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im hoping someone drops out, on alot of waiting lists but its anoying. Think im gona just choose a resort, get a cheap accomidation for a month and try find a job.
ed

24th Dec 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's fairly easy, especially if you've got a few squids to stay out there for a while. There will be notice boards around town with adverts looking for childcare, pot washers, kitchen porters and if your lucky English speaking bar staff. If you speak a small amount of the language then you'll be doing yourself favours - hammer the backside out of Rosetta Stone before you go out
Graeme
Premium Member

24th Dec 09 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who?
Nath

24th Dec 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Who?

They sell language dvd's and cd's.
Graeme
Premium Member

24th Dec 09 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, I know basic French and more of beer related French!
SXI - Matt

24th Dec 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two of my mates have just gone well 2 weeks ago to france for 5 months to do a season paid fully for accomidation and lift passes and took a few thousand each and are going to find a job over there they got offered a cleaning job with in a few days better then nothing and pays think that was just pure luck though but shows it can be done

[Edited on 24-12-2009 by SXI - Matt]
RichR
Premium Member

25th Dec 09 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister lives/works in les Menuires in the French Alps; although some might say its a tad late to be applying - quite a few people get sacked or get home sick during the first few weeks and go home so there is always a chance. She works for a firm called Ski Bound
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Dec 09 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That why I have still apllied for places hoping that people break bones etc, also with christmas people may feel a bit home sick.

I will lookinto that place lee as anything is good and there is no harm in applying for loades.

Have herd from people that there is loades of cleaning jobs that are easy enoug to get but obviously need to sort my own accomidation out!
Rob_Quads

25th Dec 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Send off our CV to all the major companies like SkiWorld / Crystal etc as they often have people quitting over the next few weeks when people realise when its busy there is actually not that much spare time to being on the slope.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Winter / ski season jobs??? 23 database queries in 0.0125182 seconds