corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Frank Lampard Premierleague Player Of The Decade

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Frank Lampard Premierleague Player Of The Decade
p

User status: Offline
25th Dec 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item370371/Lampard-is-Player-of-the-Decade/

Lampard is Player of the Decade
Chelsea dynamo Frank Lampard has been revealed as the Barclays Premier League's Player of the Decade.

The England international was handed the honour by facts and figures giant Opta who studied every English top-flight game since January 1, 2000.

After crunching the stats, Opta declared that Lampard has the most games and the most wins to his name, the 31-year-old also has the second-most number of assists and the fourth-highest goalscoring record.

Lampard beat Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher to the most appearances record, finishing five games ahead of his Scouse rival thanks to the 346 matches - 210 of which were wins - he has featured in.

The former West Ham favourite finished second on 76 to Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs in the assists stakes, and fourth after Thierry Henry in the goalscoring charts. The Frenchman bagged 169 goals for Arsenal.

Current Roma boss Claudio Ranieri, who signed Lampard from the Hammers for £11million in June 2001, is far from surprised with the results.

"This news fills me with a great satisfaction and pride because Frank Lampard is totally unique," Ranieri told The Sun.

"He is a complete player and so professional. It doesn't surprise me that he is the best statistically, ahead of other players you might consider to be even bigger stars.

"I'll tell you something. In my view Frank Lampard is a genuine 'Pallone d'oro' - which means he should be a European Footballer of the Year. He really is that good.

"He is up there with Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in terms of quality - he is just a different type of player.

"He does difficult things but he makes them look simple and that is why some people think he is less spectacular.

"But I am glad the statistics have shown what a great player Lampard is. They show just how influential he is.

"Lampard has such a strong mentality and that probably shines through too. Only the other day he had to take a penalty three times but he still scored. That tells you how cool he is under pressure, how focused.

"Frank makes a difference to any game he is in. Sometimes it is obvious, sometimes it is less obvious. But he is so often the key to a victory.

"That's why I am really glad that he has been recognised in some way as the player of the decade in England."

Very well deserved

[Edited on 25-12-2009 by corsadee]
Nath

25th Dec 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever

Best player since 2000 in England has been Giggs.
Rob_Quads

25th Dec 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to love awards based on these types of stats.

What is it they say... you can prove anything with stats lol
Marc

25th Dec 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe its a really bad typo and they meant best Chelsea player!
Cosmo

25th Dec 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have got to be kidding me right?

Surely has to go to a United player.
mwg

25th Dec 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Whatever

Best player since 2000 in England has been Giggs.

Rick Draper

25th Dec 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shud have been Michael Owen on the grounds of his Newcastle performances....
strick206

25th Dec 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lumplard What a joke, stop kidding yourselves

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Frank Lampard Premierleague Player Of The Decade 24 database queries in 0.0102670 seconds