corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Boot build advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boot build advice
Gazdaman

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone built one in the past? Really I'm after photos/ideas/tutorials.

I want to fit a single 12" sub and an amp, but I want to keep as much of my boot usable as possible.

So I'm thinking mount the sub on one side the boot, facing the opposite side. Make a false floor and mount the sub underneath the false floor, therefore hiding all the wiring, and still giving me a decent amount of space.

I'm just a bit concerned I'll lose access to the spare wheel and I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. If I want to mount the sub how I've envisaged, I'll need to make a curved box to sit in the gap half decently.

Maybe I could mount the sub to the underside of the false floor and fit it on a hinge, so I can lift it up, taking the sub with it to still access the spare wheel.

I'm planning on making it in 18mm thick MDF which I'll carpet.

Gaz
Gazdaman

29th Dec 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is very close actually except it looks really quite difficult to mould the sub box to the right shape. That one's done with fibreglass. And it's for a Fiesta so the spare wheel is accessed just by a bolt and it's held on the undersid eof the boot.

Gaz
Generation

29th Dec 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have mounted my amp to my rear seats
Gazdaman

29th Dec 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a bad idea. I still want to carry big stuff when necessary, so I want to be able to fold the rear seats down and lob a mountain bike in the back (or similar). So whatever the build is, it needs to be fairly robust.

New Poll