corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Training advice this time

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Training advice this time
mattk

User status: Offline
11th Jan 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the lad Im training with at the moment seems to do things differently to what Ive ever done

Ive always done a push and a pull on the same day ie chest & Biceps

whilst training Ive done all my chest excersices then moved on to biceps.

with this lad we are currently doing a pull day then a push day ect but also doing a chest excersice then onto a tricep exersice then back to chest and so on for the full workout

tbf he is always asking for my veiw on things but I didnt really want to pull him up on it because Im not too clear on these issues my self, any help would be very helpful

training on my own is not an option, Ive tried it many many times!
Marc

11th Jan 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates do shoulders and biceps together and chest and triceps together.

I do chest and biceps, always have done.

Someone will be along in a minutes to tell me why this is so wrong but I couldn't give a flying protein shake with a creatine capsule on the side to be honest!
Tom G

11th Jan 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do Shoulders + Calves together- day 1
Chest + biceps - day 2
Back + triceps - day 3
then quads - day 4
jim_r1

11th Jan 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You shouldnt really do Triceps untill you have finished your chest; you need your triceps to work your chest, if they are tired then your chest wont be able to work to its max.

Twice a year ill do Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Abs on one day, and Back, Biceps and Legs on the other, 6 days a week for 4 weeks. The exercises have to be in the correct order though.
DizzyRebel

11th Jan 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A push/pull split means you train your push muscles one day, and your pull muscles the day after.

A proper push routine would look like:

Bench press
Squats
Shoulder press
Dips

Then a pull day would look like:

Lat pulldowns/pullups
Deadlift
seated rows
upright rows

Then you would have a day off then do the same again.

Theres nothing wrong with training chest and biceps together, it just makes more sense to train chest and triceps in the same day as triceps are the secondary mover for your chest muscles.
mattk

11th Jan 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But Ive read that the secondary group dont get a full work out due to them being fatigued when it comes to the secondary groups dedicated work out

Craig W

11th Jan 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work on a 4 on 4 off plan...

Day1: Chest/Biceps
Day2: Legs
Day3: Back/Traps/Rear delts
Day4: Shoulders/Triceps
Dan
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 07:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
But Ive read that the secondary group dont get a full work out due to them being fatigued when it comes to the secondary groups dedicated work out

Now my take on this is, what does it matter. The idea is to completely destroy the muscle groups, so if its already fatigued, surely thats because its been under load, therefore when you start your tricep moves, your just burning it out even more.

I may be totally wrong, if so please say, were all learning each day.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Marc

12th Jan 10 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see what hes saying by they don't get a full work out due to being worn out. In my experience when you are tired you have to work even harder to make the lift.

Reason why its a good idea to mix everything up.
DizzyRebel

12th Jan 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:
Originally posted by mattk

Now my take on this is, what does it matter. The idea is to completely destroy the muscle groups, so if its already fatigued, surely thats because its been under load, therefore when you start your tricep moves, your just burning it out even more.

I may be totally wrong, if so please say, were all learning each day.

Its neither wrong nor right, depends what works best for you. My mate who won universe used to train chest and shoulders together ans both muscles were under load during pressing movements. just alternating chest or shoulders first each week.
Jonny P

14th Jan 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried a lot of stuff and personally I train one body part a day.

Mon - Chest
Tuesday - Shoulders
Wednesday - OFF
Thursday - Back
Friday - Arms
Saturday - Legs
Sunday OFF

I always do a bit of running/swimming each day and ab work aswell. Personally this has worked best for me but I can concentrate better just doing the 1 part and can really hit it hard.

As said before though, we learn all the time so any comments/thoughts appreciated.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Training advice this time 25 database queries in 0.0104530 seconds