corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Virgin Media £18 bundle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Virgin Media £18 bundle
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jan 10 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got a flyer through on this - Has anybody got it already?

The flat i've just bought had virgin previously this deal seems very good though..

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/bundles/mplusoffer.html?buspart=google&gclid=CMnn2o7Lo58CFRlr4woddHqVZA

Does it stay at £18 + £11 (Phone line) for the whole contract?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
C2RL R

14th Jan 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it does mate.
Colin

14th Jan 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seem's to be.

Shame they never run any optic cables into my new estate otherwise id be all over that!!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bargain. It's £12 for BT line and £9 for bb anyway

Bought

C2RL R

14th Jan 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update this thread after they have installed it will you? i want to know what they are like. when i had sky put in the guy wanted to throw the cable over the roof and clip it to the front wall. then he wanted to drill a hole straight into my living room. i told him to leave all the bits and i'd do it myself properly. when i upgraded to HD i rand a private crew out of the yellow pages who actually did a spot on job of running the extra cable.
AlunJ

14th Jan 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Seem's to be.

Shame they never run any optic cables into my new estate otherwise id be all over that!!

yeah same here, but there is at the other end of the estate - apparently though, virgin are doing some expansion throughout january-april so who knows.
Just had a flyer through the door from sky as it happens, free sky+ box, basic sky package, 2mb broadband, new phone line with sky freetime £11 linerental - £69 setup and £29 a month which is quite good, been looking on the website without the deal and the setup would have cost me £118 without the switchover area deal so might get that!
dannymccann

14th Jan 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Seem's to be.

yeah same here, but there is at the other end of the estate - apparently though, virgin are doing some expansion throughout january-april so who knows.
Just had a flyer through the door from sky as it happens, free sky+ box, basic sky package, 2mb broadband, new phone line with sky freetime £11 linerental - £69 setup and £29 a month which is quite good, been looking on the website without the deal and the setup would have cost me £118 without the switchover area deal so might get that!

O I really hope they expand onto my new estate as well (or is that just your area??) as I so want VM cable so I can actually use my xbox live without lagging everything up
AlunJ

14th Jan 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've no idea even if they're doing it on my estate, it's supposedly sites all over the uk where they can easily expand. I've noticed here, theres a bridge across a stream type thing here between the older houses and the more recent houses and it seems noone this side has cable lol sad really, they do some good deals on stupidly fast internet compared to adsl!
WATSON

14th Jan 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup good deal it works out to be £28 a month, We have it getting installed into our new house our old house we have sky, phone, and internet with someone else and are paying over £60 a month

get a flashed card and modem and your laughing
Jules S
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
update this thread after they have installed it will you? i want to know what they are like. when i had sky put in the guy wanted to throw the cable over the roof and clip it to the front wall. then he wanted to drill a hole straight into my living room. i told him to leave all the bits and i'd do it myself properly. when i upgraded to HD i rand a private crew out of the yellow pages who actually did a spot on job of running the extra cable.

TBH I dont think virgin are any different, they have to get a cable in so drilling a hole through a wall was the only option in my flat.

When I had mine installed Virgin wanted to drill a hole through my lounge wall, then route a cable around my lounge/walls/doors to where the TV sat. After a bit of 'discussion/argument' they laid the cable around the outside walls, over the upper kitchen units and then into the wall behind the tv.

£18? that's a pretty good deal.

It gets pretty expensive pretty quickly if you don't keep an eye on the deals they do though.

At one point our package cost £90+...currently we pay about £49
C2RL R

15th Jan 10 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no way i would let them do anything like that. i'd have to get the engineer to leave me enough cable then do it all myself.
dannymccann

15th Jan 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats wrong with a qualified engineer drilling through the lounge wall to install a cable?? At least if they make a mistake you can claim off their insurance to get it sorted?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Jan 10 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered

chloe16v

18th Jan 10 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the 3 for £30 package then had the box chipped so we get every channel
saj_123

18th Jan 10 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
i have the 3 for £30 package then had the box chipped so we get every channel

Dont mean to be rude, but virgin seem to be onto this more and more, people been taken to court and charged with obtaining services dishonesty under the fraud act.
C2RL R

18th Jan 10 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Whats wrong with a qualified engineer drilling through the lounge wall to install a cable?? At least if they make a mistake you can claim off their insurance to get it sorted?

i suppose it depends on the house. i wouldn't let them drill into my front room as it has just been skimmed. plus the tv is mounted on the wall with all the cables are inside trunking burried in the wall. no way would i have a random cable coming in through the front wall.

New Poll