corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa 1.6 16V Clean Quick Car

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.6 16V Clean Quick Car
kristof1989

User status: Offline
15th Jan 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - Vauxhall
Model - Corsa Sport 1996
Engine - 1.4 16v (1.6 16v engine fitted)
Mileage - 98000
Price - 1395ono

Location - (same as my profile)
Contact phone number -
Contact email address -

General information -

Where do i begin really with this car.... I will start with the basics, Its a 1996 Vauxhall Corsa B 1.6 16v, (Registered as 1.4 Sport), so practically a GSI without the GSI body-kit!! I brought the car back in May 2009 completely standard and that's when it all began.

Engine;
Like stated it has now got a 1.6 16v engine which came from a low mileage Corsa Sport 1.6 (mot failure) which i still have part of the log book and receipt to prove it. The engine change was done by myself, but don't let this put you off as it was all done with great care and i took my time. ( not blowing my own trumpet, i have a level 3 BTEC National Diploma in mechanics) so i know what I'm doing. Whilst the engine was out i had the inlet manifold off, the throttle body and other bit to clean them up so the engine ran smoothly once all wire up. I replaced the all major gaskets including the head gasket. Once all put back together and bolted in she fired up pretty much straight away with a puff of smoke ( just carbon etc that came off the throttle body and manifold whilst cleaning, nothing to worry about). The engine now runs spot on without fault, and is very smooth. On start up it taps for a matter of seconds, then stops straight away and becomes a very quite engine, this is just down to hydraulic tappets and the oil sinking to the bottom of the engine. The water pump has been changed on 09/01/2010 along with a cambelt kit (Cost £120all in for the parts from Vauxhall) So its got a new cambelt and tensioner, and new water pump. I also flushed the whole water system and radiator and replaced with a 50/50 concertrate of water to coolant.

Shell;
The shell is a 1996 1.4 16v Sport shell in black. It is a very very clean shell, with very little if anything wrong with it. It has a very small bubble of rust on the tailgate 5p size if that, and the same on one of the front winds where the plastic arch meets the metal, but neither of these are noticeable unless looking for them. It has a few small scratches and a couple of dings, again barely even noticeable unless looking for them. Every time i polish it, it comes up looking A1 and has not faded at all, i always use autoglym products without fail as it is the best treatment for cars, and i spend around 3-4 hours once a month cleaning and polishing it.

Interior;
The interior of the car has not changed from when it came out the showroom, and is in very good condition, with no rips or damage to any of the seats or door cards. Again the dash etc is regularly polished and kept to a very clean standard. The only thing i will mention is that the passenger seat can squeak every now and then if your driving and no ones sitting in it, but nothing that bothers you. The car will come with a jvc head unit (far from top of the range) but does the job, and 6x9s in the parcel shelf.

Steering & Suspension;
The car is sitting on a set of FK coilovers at the front, and FK shocks and springs at the rear (60m drop), they are around a year old. The car handles like its on rails and gives excellent grip but cant get a bit bumpy if your on a very uneven road, but other than that its a nice ride, that doesn't rattle you to bits. (i do have the spanners to adjust the coilovers if you wish). These coilovers also allow you to adjust the camber at the front of the car, which i have had it set by lasers at a cost of £100.
In the last week i have replaced the bottom arm ball joints, and the track-rod ends to stiffen up the ride of the car as they had never been replaced. The car came standard with a front anti roll bar, sadly one of the u-clamps snapped the other day so i had to temp fix it with a exhaust clamp, but this will be sorted in the next week or so.

That pretty much tells you everything about the car that comes to mind, but i will brake it down in a quick list of its features and modifications;

Corsa 1996 1.4 Sport shell with a 1.6 16V engine
98.000 miles on the clock (Engine came from a 84.000 mile car receipt + logbook to prove)
Tax 6 Months (currently Untill 31st/03/2010)
Mot Feb 2011 (Currently Untill 16th April 2010)
Cambelt at 97921 miles + Water Pump
Powerflow Stainless Steel Cat-back Exhaust
De-cat pipe, Home made but its spot on.
Fk Sport Coilovers (60mm drop at the moment, but adjustable 60mm-120mm)
Gloss Black Standard Alloys
4x 185/60/14 tyres all with loads of tread
CD Player + 6x9s
Recent Service - 21st Dec 2009 (Plugs - NGK Oil + Filter - Castrol Magnatec Air Filter - Fram)
Clean Reliable Car That's Around 120BHP

This car is a good little pocket rocket, disappoints saxo VTS + VTRs, 306xsi and golf gti 8v, certainly is not a slow car, that still around town returns 30mpg and Ive even had 37mpg on long runs.

The only faults i can think of with this car is that if you accelerate hard it can throw out a bit of smoke, but this is common according to Steels of Worthing - Vauxhall dealership and parts, they said its the valve stem sills, and i have been quoted £160 to get them changed, but i don't have the time or money at the moment to have it done as the car is used daily otherwise i would have it done. That is really the only bad thing i can say about the car.

I have tried to be as detailed as possible and give the best description. The car will be polished and cleaned before it is sold. Viewing more than welcome, but you will not be able to drive unless you have proof of insurance for my car, otherwise i will be more than happy to take you out.

The reason i am sell is because i am expecting a little one at the end of June, and need something a bit bigger eg vectra saloon, passat tdi, golf tdi... something along them lines

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

WILL SELL FOR £800 WITH NO NEW MOT OR TAX BUT THERE WILL BE NO HAGGLING IN THAT PRICE

More pictures avalible.

Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 3BT

[Edited on 17-01-2010 by kristof1989]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa 1.6 16V Clean Quick Car 25 database queries in 0.0050352 seconds