corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Belkin wireless problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Belkin wireless problems
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Jan 10 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I broke my laptop a few days ago so today set up a spare computer in my room, its running windows xp and everything works as it should.
But at the moment Im trying to connect to the internet wirelessly, did the same on my laptop but it doesnt seem to want to connect on this computer.
I have plugged in the usb adapter and inserted the cd which came with it, but everytime I click on install it just comes up with a message telling me to make sure I have certain privilages to access it, and thats it.
Attempted to see if I could set up a connection without going through the cd-rom but still does nothing at all, the usb adapter is connected and the green LED is on faintly, but after typing in the network key and searching for a location for the belkin software it still doesnt pick anything up.

Im useless with computers so any over info needed and I will try my best, so does anyone know how to connect it properly and get it all working?

The computer before was downstairs and connected by wire to the net, and the cd-rom has been used before but wasn't sure if it had limited use?

Many thanks for any help

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Jamie-C

17th Jan 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Belkins shit, I had a problem with mine where it said it had malfunctioned, managed to get that sorted then about a month down the line it went again, wouldn't find the router this time, tried for days and days and couldn't get it sorted

Ended up binning it and bought a laptop with built in Wi-Fi

Can't help you with your problem though
mattievRS

18th Jan 10 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

open my computer and right click on the icon of the disc and run as administrator.Should sort it mate!
Adam C
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 01:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m17tty
open my computer and right click on the icon of the disc and run as administrator.Should sort it mate!

will give that a go

cheers guys, if all else fails then its a new laptop with built in wi-fi on my birthday present list

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread

New Poll