corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » tax codes

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tax codes
Pop

User status: Offline
25th Jan 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard code is 647L. I got a letter recently about my tax code for 2010-2011 and it was wrong as I am paying money back to HMRC (long angry story).

I rang up the number on the letter and they sorted it all out (hopefully)
Cosmo

25th Jan 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bad putting 645L, it is 647
Edd

25th Jan 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heard recently the tax office had a switchover of systems and it fucked up so for some peopel its taxing their main job as a second job
Mike2k111

25th Jan 10 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8478271.stm
Phi

26th Jan 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
When you might be put on an emergency tax code:

You might get an emergency tax code if:
you've started a new job and haven't got a P45 from your previous employer for the same tax year
you've started your first job since the start of the tax year and haven't been receiving any taxable state benefits or a state or company pension
you've started a new job but you've had another job or other jobs or received taxable state benefits during the year
you've started a new job and were previously self-employed
there's been a change in your tax code during the year because, for example, you've started to get company benefits or the State Pension

Taken straight from the HMRC website. Tbh i don't know loads about payroll only a bit.

nope none of them apply to me

apparently ii have heard they messed up loads of tax codes, so im going to wait untill next week and phone them ... and have a rant
Phi

26th Jan 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
heard recently the tax office had a switchover of systems and it fucked up so for some peopel its taxing their main job as a second job

i reckon thats what they have put mine down for now... we shall see what excuse they come up with on the phone next week...
mattk

26th Jan 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for those in the know, I started back work in august after being un employed, Im on emergency tax code 647L W1, I gave my P45 to my new employer and they rang HMRC and they said that they can keep me on ET till April , Im not bothered about that as I know Il get the difference back,

will they deffo take me off it in april though??
Cosmo

26th Jan 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, as will be a new tax year so you wont have any previous values.

TBH Im not sure why they told them to keep you on that, on a Week 1 Month 1 basis, if you have given them your P45 they'll have your values to date and you should just be on standard 647L.
richardworrall
Premium Member

26th Jan 10 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was given the BR tax code the other week after being in my job 8 years. Rang em up and the only explanation they could give was that the systems had a 'little hiccup' and generated the wrong letter. Now have the correct one thankfully.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » tax codes 23 database queries in 0.0087950 seconds