corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » not satrting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author not satrting
JBH

User status: Offline
27th Jan 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, iv got a vauxhall corsa s reg 1.2 16v.
the other morning i went out and it wouldent start the battery wasnt flat and i hadent left nothing on over night (lights etc) it was turning over but a relay was clicking like mad i checked them all and it was a purple one bottom right. so i changed it and my friend says it was the battery so i got a new battery and it started fine a few times after it was in with the relay clicking just once.
i went out this morning and nothing again the relay was clicking like mad. someone also says my cd player could be faulty.

anyone got any ideas really need my car for work

thanks
barneykarl

27th Jan 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be a drain on the battery from somewhere get the motor running and check the battery is getting charged ok from the alternator, if you have fitted a new battery then its not that so its being drained or not getting charged also clean and check terminals are tight , is the cd player wired into ign live or live.
weerab

27th Jan 10 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds like the car is getting no spark, or crank signal, have replaced the crank sensor but still the same. removed the spark plugs tonight and they were black, cleaned them up as didnt have new spark plugs at the time, started fine a few times then its just doing the same thing now, could the problem be the coil pack???

New Poll