corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fitness Help - Not P90 stylee though

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitness Help - Not P90 stylee though
mantamark

User status: Offline
28th Jan 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First off, as much as i'd like to start the p90 thing, its not really for me, i want to eat healthy & exercise regular, i'm not wanting to be uber cut, just fit. I've tried to follow the p90 dvd, but it just doesnt suit me.

Right, basicallly, i'm having one of those new year things, must be fitter this year. I've been out & bought a mountain bike, i plan to do as much as i can, in the free time i have and i would like some input as to work out times & diet.

I know its not the best, but its a start, my tools & regime...

Wii game - My Fitness coach, find it quite good, sort of helps build a workout routine, i have some light handweights (2kg, 1kg), some velcro weights (4 x .5kg), skipping rope, step, eliptical strider machine and mountain bike.

So, i'm doing a day on, a day off of 30mins upper body (wii game), 15mins on strider (3miles-ish), 15mins lower body (wii game), sometimes i do a 15min random workout on a day inbetween.

Obviously i'm going to increase the times & weights as i improve fitness, so this is just a starting point. But, if you could tell me of any specific exercises i should be doing, or a routine i could try, that would be great.

So far in 3 weeks i've dropped from 13st 7lbs to 12st 11lb, which i'm quite happy with, but i'd like to get down a bit further, but now i'm stuck at 12st 11lb, and have been for best part of a week now?

My diet is as follows...

Breakfast - 30g cheerios or branflakes with small amount of semi skimmed milk
lunch - large home made salad - mixed leaves, radish, cherry toms, celery, spring onion, pepper, sugarsnap peas (in pod), 15g light salad cream mixed in, 1 medium boiled egg, and either 300g tinned tuna, chicken breast, turkey breast. 1 medium apple. 1 bag quavers. 1 muller light yoghurt.
Tea - (changes alot, few examples) - Chicken/prawn stirfry (not much olive oil used, lots of veg), weight watchers meal with lots of steamed veg (had ww lasagne with carrots, cabbage, brocoli & a few baby potatoes tonight)

Snacks, not really snacking any more, but i have an apple, clemintine or cereal bar (quite liking the weetabix ones at the mo)

So, if anyone could help me by pointing me in the right direction regarding routine or diet, or both, that would be great.

Also, i was wondering if i should be taking anything like omega 3 oil, or other vitamins, as my joints have been quite stiff & clicky since i've started doing all this exercising.

In an ideal world i would like to get to 12 stone, i'm 6ft, so think this weight would be ok for my height? My main problem areas are gut & moobs, i have pretty toned legs from years of roller hockey & cycling, then i went to uni & it went downhill!

Thanks for any help, appologies for the super long post!
DizzyRebel

29th Jan 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you want to get fit for? do you play for any sports teams or compete in some sort of event?

If you dont, you have no need to be 'fit' as its just putting you under extra stress you dont need and wont benefit from

Just join a gym, 3 full body compund exercise weight circuits a week and cardio on the days splitting them up. You dont need to train for 'fitness' a simple body conditioning and strength/power routine is going to benefit you much more in day to day life.

Diet wise eliminate all unneccesary carbs and replace with protein and dietary fats.

Pretty simple
mantamark

29th Jan 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't join gym as i work away from home most weeks.

What do i want to get from it? Rid of moobs & beer gut, tone up a bit, get fitter in general so i can take part in 5 a side without passing out after 10mins.

Cheers for help.
Cosmo

29th Jan 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id certainly back up Dizzle with suggesting doing weights along with the cardio - as much as a healthy diet and cardio will drop the weight, you'll need to tone up along the way to see the results it sounds like you're after.

Diet is 80% of it though, so you really need to get that sorted with getting the right amount of protein/carbs/fats at the right time of day - without that no matter what you're working out you wont get rid of that gut and moobs.
mantamark

29th Jan 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So more cardio type stuff, i'm planning on doing alot more on my bike aswell.

Any tips for the diet?

cheers.
DizzyRebel

30th Jan 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mantamark
So more cardio type stuff, i'm planning on doing alot more on my bike aswell.

Any tips for the diet?

cheers.

Lmao, didnt you read what the clown said? He said do weights too.

Get yourself an olympic barbell and 50kg worth of weights. Get a weight bench and a pullup bar too that you can use at home. Whole lot should cost under £100 but it will be the best £100 you spent in a long time.

I hate the phrase 'toning up' because simply put there is no such thing. There is building muscle or burning fat! Its possible to do the 2 together but you will hit a pleateu at some point and need to trade off one for the other.

Anyway, with your weights you want to be doing this workout thrice weekly on non-consecutive days:

Standing military press
Reverse grip chin up
Back squats
Barbell bench press, elbows tucked in olympic style
Gorilla rows/ bent over dumbell rows if you buy some dumbells too
Deadlifts.

5 sets of 8 reps on each exercise, apart from chins where 5 sets of 5 will probably be a chore to start with. Start of with a weight you can do comfortably for a couple of weeks so you learn correct form then start adding weight until you can do at least 50 kg for 5 sets of 8 in each barbell exercise.

Cardio wise, HIIT sprinting is what you want to be doing. 15 minutes of it after your workout, then on the days in between 45 minutes of jogging or cycling at a steady rate should suffice.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fitness Help - Not P90 stylee though 24 database queries in 0.0094090 seconds