corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » stealthy corsa let build

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stealthy corsa let build
corsa-let-09

User status: Offline
29th Jan 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought id just do a quick post of my priject its not finished yet and i havent really been taking many pics :doh: heres a few pics just wanna know what poeple are thinking bout it so far, gonna try and do a better build thread soon

mods so far

c20let with standard turbo and cossie actuator
phase 2 chips beleived to be installed will be going to evo 5
rebult engine by myself new water pump cambelt etc ect
sbd oil pump gear and nylon releif valve
cometic 1.9mm head gasket
arp head stud kit
3 inch exhaust system 1 box
walbro 255 fuel pump
vxr injectors
fuel pressure reg
lightend xe flywheel
f20 box with gripper plated diff
slimline fan
motorsport shafts and hubs
calibra turbo brakes
fully poly bushed
front and rear strut brace
wided 9mm per side
cesaro rims toyo tyres
spax rsx coilovers
mocal 16 row oil cooler
evo 6 intercooler
cuwtom 2.5" tophat
2.5 inch custom made top hat and intercooler pipes to be fitted
stripped interior
corbeau forza seats and harnesses
5" tacho with shift light
poly carb winbdows to be fitted

few pics of car so far tryin to keep it as stelath as i can going to be using a hole saw at weekend to drill front bumper where the rumber plate used to be for more air to intercooler and oil cooler

oil cooler going here

few more updates cash flow been a bit low so development been slow but heres a bit more of what works been done, keep forgeting to take pictures for the build thread

bumper modified to make all the use of the evo intercooler and 16row oil cooler

wheels painted satin black

pipe bends and clamps arived from tguk cheers boys hers the development of the 2.5" hard pipes for thre intercooler
asso made a 2.5" tophat at work with the bend i had left

my tophat made at work

cuting some of the bends and mocking up

just doing the 2 bends on the left to the turbo now , waiting for my reducer to arrive, also made my sibframes and fitted my corbeau forza seats , wired inoil temp pressure and boost gauges and 5"tacho , strippng all interior at weekend so more updates soon

let me know what yas think

[Edited on 29-01-2010 by corsa-let-09]
corsa-let-09

11th Feb 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

intercooler pipes finished and fitted also got hold of a cheap carbon bonnet but mite be for sale not sure if im keen

gsiwannabe

11th Feb 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice project mate. i want that bonnet lol
Aleex

11th Feb 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black ceasro's win nice car overall i just feel the drilled holes in the bumper could of been maybe slightly presented better? apart from that. I LIKE
Gazdaman

11th Feb 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the bonnet, good project.
corsa-let-09

11th Feb 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wanted them in a line but i didnt have the size holesaw i wanted , only done it practical not for looks as i wanted to get as much air to the evo6 intercooler as possible due to its size cesaros are satin black just deciding wether to do all the platics satin black to
corsa-let-09

11th Feb 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers gaz u got them bumpers sorted yet? bonnet wud lookgood on ya corsa haha , didnt know i had this hiding in the garage did ya lol
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

12th Feb 10 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks brilliant mate
MatthewR

12th Feb 10 at 03:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great project mate, looks a nice clean example from the bumpers too, bonnet looks awesome!! might give the game away that there isnt a 1 ltr underneath it tho lol
Ingham
Banned

12th Feb 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The conversion looks a little iffy.. looks as though it's leaning (too much power/broken mount)?
FruitBooTeR

12th Feb 10 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its only the top pik of engine that makes it look wonky...if you look at the rest of the piks it looks fine

Looks great anyway mate! Bet you love driving it, especialy knowing youve put it all together and done all the work!
corsa-let-09

12th Feb 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car was on axle stand on side the engine is in perfect it had all new mounts filled with tigreseal dont look iffy to me me and my mate have done bout 12 now
Foster16v

12th Feb 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks mint mate!
c18xewoody

13th Feb 10 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loving those homemade cooler pipes
corsa-let-09

13th Feb 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the commetns lads, bonnets now being sold brought a fibreglass oen that im gonan make fit so i dont have to use bonnet pins as they look cack
GregGsi
Premium Member

13th Feb 10 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi pal how much was the evo 6 intercoole wots it like to fit pal car looks cool

BHP vaux
corsa-let-09

13th Feb 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alrite greg i got it for about 50 which was peanuts it fits perfect fill the whole front i managed to get mine in with the rad behind and a slim fan and still got it all behind the bumper
GregGsi
Premium Member

14th Feb 10 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice 1 pal looks cool

BHP vaux
johnhara1

14th Feb 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardly a sleeper\stealth but a very good build all the same mate.

Added to favourites.
corsa-let-09

14th Feb 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought a fibreglass bonnet and fibreglass boot coming this week managed to get about 40 kgs out so far once i get the poly carb windows in and the bonent and boot fitted should be about 80-90 kgs lighter and thinking wether to gut the doors out
corsa-let-09

14th Feb 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really a sleeper just stealthy, nothing gives it away that its a turbo as the only little bit you can see is the oil cooler just looks like an xe
corsa-let-09

19th Feb 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few small updates, carbon bonnet is gone, wasnt keen on it and it was runing the stock look, so grp bonnet and boot arrived this week awsome cant beleive how light they are the boot is 4.5kg and the bonnet 4kg.
fitting them so they look like normal ie no pins etc gonna mod under the bonnet and fibreglass the bonnet catch etc into it

bonnet and boot, also came with the gsi spoiler which was a nice bonus

made and fitted spiggot rings to brakes and tried to fit my braided lines but got sold a set with a split hose so was unsucessful , fited new master cylinder to.

picked up this momo wheel from the scrappy for £20 proper bargain, will be fiitng soon loking for a cheap boss if anyone has one

finaly i made up some beefy door bolts for the garage door fed up with lil scum bags pulling the door back and mooching my stuff , sorted now though:thumbs

[Edited on 19-02-2010 by corsa-let-09]
corsa-let-09

24th Feb 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few more updates, got off my arse on sat and thought id do a bit

firstly a hearty breakfast [imghttp://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/ashleybruneau/SDC11049.jpg[/img]

then dealt with the new fibreglass boot , got it all fitted so it used the original boot lock part and normal hinges so looks completley standard and gave it a quick sand ready for painting next month

then onto the front, fitted the oil coller in the bumper properly and also got round to cutting and fitting the lower splitter

bumper all fitted on and oil cooler piped up, also modded the rear of the headlight to get the pipe for the afm to fit properly after a bit of grinder action

making the brackets for the bonnet, ive got the rear hinges done just gota work out a a way of using and fitting the bonent catch as i dont really want pins

car then ent on a bit more of a diet all interior almost gone bar dash, toof lining out, that stuff behind the lining was a mission to get off weighs a fair bit to , wat a ball ache

also started gutting the passanger door, keeping the crash bars but the door cards and furnishings removed, glass removed, manua, window meachanishms and rails speaker and most of the metal gutted out the weight of the stuff removed was 12 kgs so pretty happy with that

more next weekend:beer:

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » stealthy corsa let build 25 database queries in 0.0225060 seconds