corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Problems with x14xe idling!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problems with x14xe idling!
Piér

User status: Offline
29th Jan 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My head gasket went and so I replaced it but when it did go, the car wouldn't idle at all, it was just dying! I could keep the revs up and not let it stall but it wouldn't idle what so ever. Together me and my friend changed the head gasket, cleaning everything along the way, the oil went into the water so we flushed everything to do with the water system and cleaned it all out. we also replaced the water pump and cat. I started it up and it seemed ok apart from a misfire but we left that for now. I took it out for a drive and it drove perfectly fine and it seemed ok. I took it for a MOT and the emmisions were sky high, all down to the EGR so I was going to take it home and clean it up and I pulled out from the garage and it won't idle again! Apart from the ICV I cant think what else it would be? I hope to god its not the head gasket again! Please Help!
dean101287

29th Jan 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vacuum leak? Mine did that after I changed my head gasket. Bit strange yours was running fine though. But thats where I would be looking first.
Piér

30th Jan 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They all seem intact, thats the problem!
stingray1987

31st Jan 10 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when my egr valve was bloked it would cut out every time it was left to idle. then it went fine for abit, then went completely. check your egr valve first dude. as it seems it might be stuck open like mine was.

New Poll