corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » so...the water pump gave up

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author so...the water pump gave up
Root

User status: Offline
9th Feb 10 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah grez, still trying to get the funds together to buy the waterpump and cambelt then get my friend to fit it and time it up.
maxlee

9th Feb 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldn't it just be cheaper to replace the engine after paying out for head set etc etc theres a few on ebay £50 up low ish milage

just a thought
Root

11th Feb 10 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by maxlee
wouldn't it just be cheaper to replace the engine after paying out for head set etc etc theres a few on ebay £50 up low ish milage

just a thought

mines got 80k on it so still in good nick, and I know what's happened to me engine. Would rather replace the parts at the cost of £100 including labour, than buy one for £50, then rent a hoist and spend all the hassle of swapping engines and trying to get it to start when it won't after we think we've plugged all the loom in etc.

Much rather keep the engine that I know

cheers for input anyway
johnhara1

11th Feb 10 at 05:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall 8v are SAFE engines, your valves will be fine.

Water pump is about £20 from auto factors
Root

11th Feb 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
Vauxhall 8v are SAFE engines, your valves will be fine.

Water pump is about £20 from auto factors

yer, still, havn't got that money, even £20 yet then a cambelt, probably about a tenner on trade price without pre-tensioner etc cus that's all fine, then labour costs to mate, £50, which is fair considering he has to time it up after I spun the bottom pulley out of sync and also had to work out a way to get the bolt off the bottom pulley seeing as the engine won't turn (the method me and my dad always used was to turn the engine over by hand with a spanner on the bolt and it hits the chassis and loosens the bolt).

Just got a job though so soon as I'm payed it'll be back on the road

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll