corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » CD Booklet design

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CD Booklet design
Eddie.2k

User status: Offline
4th Feb 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friends band have made their first album and have had the front cover designed by a semi-pro (i think) but need the rest of the booklet done, not sure why they didnt let the first person design the whole lot.

The band have basicly just gone out and taken photos and wanted each photo to have 1 songs lyrics over the top but to blend in with the front cover also.

heres what they have so far, any ideas, inspiration or if someone wants to give a try at doing something even better!

Angel in my eyes
Verse 1
Out of my league and into my dreams
Hiding my feeling so they’ll never be seen
Wishing for apathy to replace the lies
I’m a mere mortal to god’s perfect design
Chorus
I know I don’t stand a chance
I know I am no match
I’ll sit and watch you walk by
But you’ll always be an angel in my eyes
Verse 2
My heart pounds when I think of you inside
You’re like an illness you’ve infected my life
I lie to myself that I’ll be fine
It makes me ache to think that you’ll never be mine
Chorus
Interlude
Nothing’s changed
Still the same
Still wallowing in my pain
So I’ll pretend
The pain will mend
Am I nearing the end?
Chorus
So I’ll sit and I’ll stall, wait for you to fall
You’re my one and my all, but you walk while I crawl
So I’ll sit and watch you go by
But you’ll always be an angel in my
Dom

User status: Offline
5th Feb 10 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front cover is pretty damn cool, however the idea of random photos in the booklet will look naff especially as they've taken them with some 'one shot' camera and that photo is blurred anyways.

Tell them just to get designer to finish the rest of the booklet, no doubt it was probably down to money but if none of them are handy with a camera or photoshop then they really need to get a pro in to do the rest.
You also need to make sure everything is at a big enough resolution for printing (300 dpi springs to mind commercial printing, can't remember) and in CYMK i believe.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » CD Booklet design 24 database queries in 0.0102649 seconds