corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake Pedal Travel issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake Pedal Travel issues
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Feb 10 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a little advice/help - I have very little Pedal Feel/Travel on my Brakes - It seems I only have the last 1-2" of travel before they pull up when I press the pedal

It's on a '96 1.4 16v Sport, so uses the same Calipers as a 1.6 Sport and GSi

I've fitted a 292mm Big Brake Kit, that retains the standard Calipers

I've also fitted Goodridge Braided Line all round, renewed the Fluid fully with DOT5.1, fitted new Rear Shoes and also both Rear Wheel Cylinders

I only seemed to have the the same travel before the Brake Lines, Fluid CHange and Rear brake work, and we thought we had found the issue when we found both rear Cylinders to be leaky, but obviously, didnt.

What else could I look at? Anyone experienced similar on standard calipers?

I'm Ok to use the car, it stops etc fine, but just doesn't inspire any confidence when I press down and they do nothing for a few inches, and it's not ideal for Track...
Eddx14xe

16th Feb 10 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine done this and it was just the brake shoes that needed adjusting, once you have braked hard a few times does the travel stop?

[Edited on 16-02-2010 by Eddx14xe]
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Feb 10 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
Mine done this and it was just the brake shoes that needed adjusting, once you have braked hard a few times does the travel stop?

Nope.

Stays crap all the time.
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Feb 10 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?
patmore

17th Feb 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does this with 2.0l brakes I thought it was because the calipers are bigger so they have more travel or bad bleading
DaveyLC

17th Feb 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are using the standard calipers then its going to be air in the system as none of the volumes have changed.. you need to pressure bleed your brake system.
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Feb 10 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
If you are using the standard calipers then its going to be air in the system as none of the volumes have changed.. you need to pressure bleed your brake system.

They were pressure bled.

Though when I checked on that earlier, I was reminded of my old Cav when I fitted 288s to it, and that the pedal was shite on that until it had covered 4-500 miles.

They were right, it was. So, i'll give it a bit of use when I get back from a free 'holiday' to Ghana with work, then come back to this if it doesn't improve...

New Poll