corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Vodaphone insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vodaphone insurance
XSIHardy

User status: Offline
19th Feb 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cut the chase i dropped my phone the other day whilst getting into the car and the screen cracked

iv had a look on there website and from what i can tell if i say that they will not give me a new handset:

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=template12&pageID=PTC_0005

so basicly id like to know how i can get my phone sorted via them ?

as there screens all messed up, i pay £10 a month and if there not going to fix it
im going to be pissed

so any help would be nice

thank u
noshua

19th Feb 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your insurance covers water damage, drop it in a glass of water and say you dropped it in a puddle
BlueCorsa

19th Feb 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if they class your actions as 'negligent' under exclusion F. If they do accept your claim, you have to pay excess of £25. What phone is it?
Chris
Premium Member

19th Feb 10 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look on the ebay, might be able to get a screen its going to cost you at least 35 with cover and excess plus they might want 30 days running before claim adding another 10 quid.

Screen for N95 is £10 this includes the drivers required also as an example.
XSIHardy

20th Feb 10 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a nokida N97
ash_corsa

20th Feb 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Run it over, done this before, made the phone absolutely un-repairable, take it to Vodafone store and they should replace it on the spot.

I said i was riding my bike, fell out of pocket and got run over by a bus

Your paying for the insurance, they cant exactly question your reasons for claiming
ssj_kakarot

20th Feb 10 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty sure your covered for accidental damage just drop it from a high place so its totally fucked, then claim.
BlueCorsa

20th Feb 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
Run it over, done this before, made the phone absolutely un-repairable, take it to Vodafone store and they should replace it on the spot.

I said i was riding my bike, fell out of pocket and got run over by a bus

Your paying for the insurance, they cant exactly question your reasons for claiming

Reminds me of this that I read a few days ago:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/iPhone-Owners-Commit-Fraud-For-Newest-Model/Article/201002215548757?lid=ARTICLE_15548757_iPhoneOwnersCommitFraudForNewestModel&lpos=searchresults

quote:

Supercover's technical team has said that some returns have shown signs of being damaged by at least six hammer blows.

In one case, a claimant reportedly dropped their phone and it was then 'driven over by a car'.

Supercover says that these false claims are usually quite easy to spot.

It said: "iPhones, like most mobile phones, are actually very difficult to damage.

"Very badly damaged iPhones draw attention because they turn up in a state that even being driven over by a car or dropped from a tall building will fail to achieve."

XSIHardy

20th Feb 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worse comes to worse ill buy a £10 mobile phone.Looking to upgrade to a new HTC Desire in April any way

New Poll