corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » shop around - insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author shop around - insurance
Root

User status: Offline
21st Feb 10 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It really pays to shop around with car insurance, just got a quote of £723 fully comp with 0NCB for my 1.poo 8v. Never thought I'd see that at the age of 20. Before that, I was looking at quotes around the £920 mark, so a £200 saving is brilliant!

Also, I have skills in web design and have designed websites for clients (not claiming to be doyle, lol). But when I changed my occupation from unemployed, to self-employed web designer, I saved a considerable amount too, awesome stuff!
grez12

21st Feb 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found shelf stacker to be quite good lol
lostboy
Banned

21st Feb 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£390 1 ncb all mods declared on a 1.2 nova.
Root

21st Feb 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got it down to £562 now, that's over a 10 month term with admiral (after 10 months they give you 1NCB).

What I did was add my dad as a named driver because he's old, is married, got lots of NCB etc etc. I know that the new law states you cannot use NCB on 2 policies now but it only asked if he had accidents etc in the past X years? Which the answer was no so spot on tbh.
Root

21st Feb 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
£390 1 ncb all mods declared on a 1.2 nova.

who's that with? lol.
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st Feb 10 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking for a policy on my new car at the moment, Elephant quoted me £650 on gocompare with my mum as a named driver, but on their site it's £590 It always pays to check the actual company's site after using a comparison one

Direct line want £950 Uhhhh... no.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
lostboy
Banned

21st Feb 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adrian Flux. They are usually the best people for modified cars, remember I said usually, although you will hear alot of horror stories about them not paying out when some one has been crashed into etc, you cant drive your car without insurance (legally) and insurance isn't cheap, so get the best deal you can for as cheap as possible, and when I put my highly modded 1.6 16v engine in, it only goes up to £700
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st Feb 10 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was with Flux on my old car, got the renewal through a couple of weeks ago (which I obviously cancelled seeing as it's for sale) and they wanted £60 MORE

And when I rang to change my policy what they wanted me to do was pay them £130 for the changeover, then £25 admin fee, then £1750 for the next policy on the new car. All of that in one go. Thanks, but no thanks.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » shop around - insurance 24 database queries in 0.3064158 seconds