corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BT
John

User status: Offline
   26th Feb 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is house/geek related but it's something that everybody should know.

Check your BT contract to make sure you've not been put on a '12 month renewing' contract, they basically automatically sign you up to a new 12 month contract and don't tell you the cunts.

I just had a lot of hassle getting them to take it off my account and it apparently renewed yesterday, total coincidence I just phoned up tonight.

Sneaky bastards.

Cancellations is in the UK and customer services in India as usual, although the Indian was much more helpful.
Brett
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fuckin hate BT. I hate how you have to have a phone line to have broadband, otherwise I wouldn't have one (can't get virgin)
John

26th Feb 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No LLU on your exchange? That's the only way to get away from BT other than virgin, you still need a phoneline but you can get it from the ISP.
Twiggy

26th Feb 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
No LLU on your exchange? That's the only way to get away from BT other than virgin, you still need a phoneline but you can get it from the ISP.

How can you check this?
John

26th Feb 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php
Bart

26th Feb 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely they must have to send you letters to warn you about the renewal? i.e the same as home insurance?
John

26th Feb 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently not, it says it in small print in the bill somewhere, the bill thats online only and never gets looked at. It was never pointed out to me and i never knowingly agreed to it.
taylorboosh

27th Feb 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell them to gtf, they surely cant do that or you in theory wouldnt have the right to chose where your buisiness goes. id phone and ask them to show documentation or a telephone conversation where you had agreed
Cosmo

27th Feb 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT are the most twatish company ever. I have never has so much bad customer service from one company in my life.
Reedy

27th Feb 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely the beginning of a new contract means you have 30 days peace of mind.
C2RL R

27th Feb 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am so happy that i've fucked them off and gone with virgin instead.
John

27th Feb 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
tell them to gtf, they surely cant do that or you in theory wouldnt have the right to chose where your buisiness goes. id phone and ask them to show documentation or a telephone conversation where you had agreed

That's what I said and did get them to cancel it, if I had went with what the first girl told me though I was stuck for another year.

You have to tell them not to renew it.
AlunJ

27th Feb 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

I'm having Sky put my line in... okay it's still effectively a BT line but I will be paying sky for line rental, don't think my exchange is unbundled though which will suck a bit for internet. Sky only charge £39 for connection as well. Wish virgin cable was in my area though, it goes as far as down the road, then theres a bridge, and it stops
Hammer

27th Feb 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any dealings I've had with them through work have been absolutely terrible. They don't have a clue and the buck gets passed 15 times until you threaten to write a letter or demand to speak to someone with a bit of responsibility.
sand-eel

27th Feb 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
BT are the most twatish company ever. I have never has so much bad customer service from one company in my life.

Same, took months and months to get a BT internet marker off the phone line, so we could use other internet providers, offcom was involved too and still BT did nothing for weeks.
Andrew

27th Feb 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT are robbers!! Firstly there prices are silly high, you have to pay months in advance for stuff such as broadband and now coning people.

I sacked them off and went with Sky years ago as i could get a TV package as well as all my other goodies for a simlar price.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BT 23 database queries in 0.0137870 seconds