corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » problem taxing my car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author problem taxing my car
Root

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

-I havn't got my insurance certificate through yet although i have lots of papers from them including payment scheme etc, I've made the first payment but they havn't sent me an actual certificate...

-my old address is on my license which obviously i need to change but last time i sent off for tax, i asked them to send it to my new address instead of the one on my license and they sent it to the old address anyway. Can't risk this again as we're no longer in touch with the landlord at the old address.

how can i tax my car quickly without an insurance cert?
Root

3rd Mar 10 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think im gonna have to TRY make them send to this address but if it doesn't come within a week, gonna knock on the door and ask if there's any post for me. If that fails, will have to change my address with DVLA, claim tax back then retax in new address so i have the disc.
Root

3rd Mar 10 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before i have to resort to the above option, trying to change my address online right now
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Mar 10 at 02:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll only send to the registered keeper of the car I think.

Although the address for your licence should be correct as well.
c20xecorsa

3rd Mar 10 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try taxing online but u must have logbook at ur new addres or go to ur local dvla
Root

3rd Mar 10 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i changed my address online, they said i must cut my license up and send them it, not sure whether they send the new one out first or not.

I'm gonna tax it today online, it's impossible to do through post office without an insurance certificate...why would my insurance send all the payment setup, all details and policies but not the certificate? cheers
Root

3rd Mar 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
They'll only send to the registered keeper of the car I think.

Although the address for your licence should be correct as well.

nah, the address has been wrong for months tbh because I moved house 4/5/6 times in under a year but I regret not changing it now don't I, lol.

but on the website it says they're going to check to make sure everything is ok then send the license, should be received in 10 days.

[Edited on 03-03-2010 by Root]

New Poll