corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Paypal - payment hold for ebay item

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Paypal - payment hold for ebay item
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Mar 10 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've sold a netbook on eBay, got £120 for it and it's been sat pending in my paypal account for the past 5 days.

Had a closer look at why today and ebay have held the payment for 21 days.

The only info for why is on this page - https://www.paypal-marketing.co.uk/safetyadvice/PaymentHoldsForEbayItems.htm

The only reason is that it seems to be a computer.

Paypal's solution seems to be 'send the goods' but I technically haven't got the money yet

WTF should I do?
John

8th Mar 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's actually held by paypal the only option is to send it.
Robin
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it says the buyer can still reverse the transaction.

Paypal seem to not GAF about the seller whatsoever.
John

8th Mar 10 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paypal are complete cunts.

It banks on the buyer being honest, which tbh is rare these days.
Robin
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just really reluctant to potentially lose out on £130 of netbook when I've done nothing wrong, it's a fucking joke
Kurt

8th Mar 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The buyer needs to leave feedback iirc

I had something similiar when i bought a turbo, was £250 in order for the seller to get the money i had to leave positive feedback
Bonney

8th Mar 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a seller not send the item to me after the payment was held. He left it until after the 21 days and then dissappeared off ebay.

I then filed a dispute and got my money back straight away.
Generation

8th Mar 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a similar probelm although was held for 24 hours which fucked me over massivly. There is not a section paypal take extra care in apparantly such as mobiles tvs conosles pc's etc, where they ca do this. Paypal is shit, everyone knows it, but about 95% of people that know it (myself inc) still use them.

I had my account on hold from nov until last week as randome security check asking for all this shit to be sent of (whilst holding all my funds) they wanted id and proof of adress(sent all this of about 6 months before when they did same checks) they wanted prrof of postage on everything. they wanted invoices from compays i bought items from (you can imagine what a nitemare that is for some stuff) the whole system i fked, but essentialy they CAN do whatever they want
Kano

8th Mar 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the exact same problem. I ended up just sending the items, feedback was left and I got the money. Not ideal but came out fine..
Sam
Premium Member

9th Mar 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that normally happens if you have a new eBay account or haven't got much total feedback on it. I had the same thing when I set up a different eBay account for business.
biswell

9th Mar 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is paypal being useless as per usaul only way for them to release it is until the buyer gives positive feedback so yuo have to send it or ask the buyer before which thier probably wont lol
oceansoul

9th Mar 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make proof that the notebook works i.e. photo/video with todays newspaper clearly in the background then send it recorded. That way the buyer cant complain that it dont work, or was lost in the mail.
a_j_mair

9th Mar 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see Paul_J's thread tbh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Paypal - payment hold for ebay item 23 database queries in 0.0153050 seconds