corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VIC check

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VIC check
sc0ott

User status: Offline
10th Mar 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to book mine but before I do, what is it they actually check?

ive noticed my vin number which i thinks supposed to be located in the engine bay in between the headlights? this isnt there but i do have it in my loose change tray. tbh i dont remember seeing any other number around that area either.

also the number on the dashboard in the corner. is this supposed to match the above number?

and is there anything else they check?
DaveyLC

10th Mar 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All of the VIN numbers should be the same yes..

they will check the vin number on the floor pan to make sure it hasnt been tampered with and look for any signs that the car may be a ringer.

baza31

10th Mar 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a ball ache, i take a few in . They go over all the car and look for numbers, it seems that they look more at newer motors. Vin numbers are stamped on, the one your on about goes on the front cross memeber? if so that doesnt need to be on if you have it. The will check engine numbers ,g/box numbers and obviously look at the quality of what had been mended, I took a 6 series thats i put a new roof on and the guy couldnt find the damage, they are very funny about roofs . Oh and if you use another shell, sont cut old vin out and weld yours in place, i got a bollocking for this, all numbers have to be left (ie old car) and weld your old one at the side of it
John

10th Mar 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VIC check is nothing to do with checking quality of repair.
sc0ott

10th Mar 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happens after they have checked it? can you just drive again as normal or do you need to renew the tax and or mot?
sc0ott

10th Mar 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Its a ball ache, i take a few in . They go over all the car and look for numbers, it seems that they look more at newer motors. Vin numbers are stamped on, the one your on about goes on the front cross memeber? if so that doesnt need to be on if you have it. The will check engine numbers ,g/box numbers and obviously look at the quality of what had been mended, I took a 6 series thats i put a new roof on and the guy couldnt find the damage, they are very funny about roofs . Oh and if you use another shell, sont cut old vin out and weld yours in place, i got a bollocking for this, all numbers have to be left (ie old car) and weld your old one at the side of it

cat c, cost of damage to repair is more than the car. the car was fine apart from a few minor things that you dont notice. but i was surprised to see it came to over 1200 to repair. probably because i was wanting a full respray.
they dont check the quality of repair but they can fail it if one of your doors doesnt open.
im just a bit weiry because my exhaust is blowing now which wasnt at the time of the report so can they tell me off for that?
James_DT

10th Mar 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
what happens after they have checked it? can you just drive again as normal or do you need to renew the tax and or mot?

You can drive it home, but then you'll have to tax and MOT it.
antnee

10th Mar 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/AdviceOnBuyingAndSellingAVehicle/DG_4022107

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VIC check 23 database queries in 0.0080731 seconds