corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 1.2 8v - 1.6 8v GTE Project

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.2 8v - 1.6 8v GTE Project
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
12th Mar 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, Thought i would share my project with you all, if you've seen the mechanical section you'll know ive had some problems but have them sorted now, i wont bore you with all the details but as you will see from the pictures what has been done.
I bought a 1.6 GTE nova engine ( C16SE ) with updated coil pack, i put the engine in got it all wired up correctly turned the key and the bottom end bearing siezed ( oil starvation ) so the bottom end was to be stripped i bought 3 different cranks and they where all wrong, i got told they where correct but obviously not, got my money back though.
So a trip to novarally on sunday should see it been driven on sunday night, i will post the progress of what i have done so far.

This is how i bought the car ( It was a work horse ) :

I then fitted a corsa sport interior and carpet that i picked up for £30

It needs to be finished off with black interior plastics and an electric window conversion
I fitted a decat pipe and some rev counter clocks
I also fitted some 2L 8V Cavalier brakes and a corsa gsi steering wheel

It was then time to change the engine and put the F13 Box i had spare
I went to U - Pull it in york to get a wiring loom from an astra 1.6 8v
I also got a mpi fuel pump then the fun started i'll let the pictures talk now.

So hopefully i will have an update on sunday thats its all running and driving perfect

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 1.2 8v - 1.6 8v GTE Project 24 database queries in 0.0126250 seconds