corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Long shot: BMW E46 clocks.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Long shot: BMW E46 clocks.
cjohnson

User status: Offline
25th Mar 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, this may be a long shot on a corsa forum, but nobody is replying on any BMW forums or anything and I know some people have BMWs on here.

My dad has just bought some new clocks off ebay as his have gone faulty.

All work fine except there are two lights on on the dash. (ASC-Traction control), and (Break pad wear light). They are both lit up amber, not red.

He's tried three different sets in, but we thought they were faulty too, so sent back but they have all shown same ligths. (Standards don't show these lights)

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light please? Is there a way of resetting the clocks or something? Like you would do with a service light or something.

Any help appreciated!

Or, if anyone knows any helpful BMW forums, post em up!

Cheers Carl.
DaveyLC

25th Mar 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If his car hasnt got those features just smash the LEDS off the board.
cjohnson

25th Mar 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol Davey, sorry if I didn't make sense in the post. The car has the features mate. Just that everytime a different set of clocks are fitted, these lights light up amber :s.

there are no faults on the car btw.

cheers.
sparkyunlimited

26th Mar 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it also has the dot on the mileage readout it needs re-programming to the car.... on E46 BMW's the clocks, headlight switch and key ALL store the mileage... if there is a mis-match it puts up the error... it stops people changing the clocks to put a false mileage on the car. They run can-bus so its not as easy as just swapping anything electrical, the car can tell straight away...
I would suggest taking the car to BMW and getting them to re-programme the car to talk to the clocks. Could also be a different software version that is causing the issues!
cjohnson

26th Mar 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohhhh I see. Expensive do for the Father then eh! lol, Thanks for that mate!

No ones replied on the bimmer forum. I was like, Dad, I'll post up on C.S, Someone will know! haha

Schweet.
sparkyunlimited

26th Mar 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mite drive a corsa now but i have had 3 x E46's one being an M3, an X5 and until recently had a new E93 M3 convertible... I know them quite well... ;o)

New Poll