corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any HGV drivers on here?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any HGV drivers on here?
Kano

User status: Offline
26th Mar 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the middle of sitting my class 2 at the moment and on the lookout for a good job once I'm through it all. Plan is to do my class 1 if it will benefit me enough.

I currently do breakdown and accident recoveries but I would like to have a job where I'm not working on call 24hrs. Night shift etc wouldn't bother me but it would have to be a good job to make me leave where I am as I'm quite happy apart from the hours.

So.. anyone know any good sites for driving jobs as Google is giving me nothing worthwhile
sand-eel

26th Mar 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.drivingjobs.co.uk/
Nick-S

26th Mar 10 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am LGV C

Youll struggle to get a job, alot of places what drivers to have had at least 2 years experiance and be over 25. (i dont know your age)

Its a fucking joke for people have have not had there licence that long. No experience means nobody will emplyoy you, but you cant get experience ulsee you get a job. It realy gets on my tits

I worked for DHL for 6 months over the christmas period through an agency, but i think i got lucky with that as now i am realy finding it hard to get class 2 work.

I am also planing to do LGV C+E but the way i see it is it would be totaly useless to me untill i am at least 25 and with a couple of years LGV C behind me, so i mite aswell wait.
Terry12

26th Mar 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I passed my class C when I was 24 and did struggle to get a job, Only a few agencies were interested without at least 1 year experience and as GSi_16v how can you get the experience if nobody will employ you

I got lucky and applied for Wiseman dairies, They don't require any experience. I've been with them 5 years now and they even put me through for my C+E 2 years ago.

Nick-S

26th Mar 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
I got lucky and applied for Wiseman dairies, They don't require any experience.
any jobs going there?
Terry12

26th Mar 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
I got lucky and applied for Wiseman dairies, They don't require any experience.
any jobs going there?

I know we took on a few drivers last week, 1 came from Arla.
Where you working now? I can ask at work to see when they're next taking on drivers.
We have a lad here from Leigh, He started about 6 months ago.
Nick-S

26th Mar 10 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not working at them mo

I finished at DHL in feb as they dint need us agency guys any more after the xmas rush.
Terry12

26th Mar 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll ask tomorrow if they need any more drivers, I doubt it at the minute with them taking on last week.
If nothing is doing now i'll ask to be kept informed. When they take on again i'll drop you a U2U, Even if you're working then you can always tell me to bugger off

[Edited on 26-03-2010 by Terry12]
Nick-S

26th Mar 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate.
Terry12

26th Mar 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries mate, I know how hard it is starting out in the game.
It's going to get even with around here as the Wincanton depot at Middleton will be closing as Tesco are going to Eddie Stobart. There's going to be a lot of ex Tesco drivers looking for work.
Nick-S

26th Mar 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dads mate is transport maneger there, i went out with one of the drivers for a day about this time last year. Not sure if hell lose his job or what ever with the take over though
Terry12

26th Mar 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's looking grim for them. Stobarts are using most of their own drivers. I think they're are some Wincanton drivers moving to Stobarts but most won't as the money is not as good.

Maybe wincanton will move the staff to other depots.
I was speaking to a Tesco driver the other day whilst unloading, He's been there 5 years and has no idea where he'll get a job next
Terry12

27th Mar 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've asked today and there's nothing doing, They'll let me know next time they're taking on and i'll drop you a message.
Pop

27th Mar 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Randomly I put up a marquee for Mr Wisemans 50th party a few years ago. He has a rather nice house.
Terry12

27th Mar 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
Randomly I put up a marquee for Mr Wisemans 50th party a few years ago. He has a rather nice house.

Course he has a nice house, He's loaded because he's a cheap arse
Jay

27th Mar 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apply for McBurney, have to travel to Liverpool but they rang my brother the other week asking him would he go back as they needed drivers...
Kano

27th Mar 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting experience isn't an issue as the place I'm at just now is the reason I'm sitting my test. We do accident recoveries, and I'll be using the flatbed daily. Think I will just sit tight until something comes up, my job is secure where I am so no point jumping ship just to end up struggling to get work..

Randomly theres a wisemans depot just up the road so might pop a cv in.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any HGV drivers on here? 23 database queries in 0.0131810 seconds