corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This is pretty shocking

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is pretty shocking
Nath

User status: Offline
6th Apr 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone hates America because they think they rule the World.
mantamark

6th Apr 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Team America - Fuck Yeh!
Dom

6th Apr 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by bigboykarl
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
The issue here is that you would never ever get an instance like this where us the British just start firing 30mm shells into a crowd of people without 100% confirmation that they were armed and were a threat.

The Americans are so unprofessional it stinks.

they had ak47's and a rpg...i'd consider that a threat

No the American pilots wrongly identified the photographers cameras as weapons, which is American troops all over to be honest. There are plenty of stories of American troops and pilots not indentifying the situation properly before opening fire - there was a situation a few years ago (think there is a youtube video of this) where a load British troop carriers were told to cover the back of their trucks in orange flags so pilots could easily identify them and the Americans were notified of this. However an A-10 pilot thought it was a load of trucks carrying rockets after doing a handful of flybys, radioed in and then took the whole loads of trucks out. It wasn't until the A-10 did a low pass of the area that the pilot realised what he'd done.

Vids to go with this -

>American A-10s attacking British convoy - Part 1<
>American A-10s attacking British convoy - Part 2<
ryzer

6th Apr 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing is here, you dont hear as many stories of us doing this sort of stuff.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Apr 10 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They wrongly identified the people with cameras as having weapons but there was definately, DEFINATELY at least two people with RPG's
Steve
Premium Member

6th Apr 10 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arrow on right is pointing to rpg, and arrow on left to machine gun although you cant see it in that capture if you watch around that point you can clearly see the weapons
Ojc

6th Apr 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is clearer you imbecile

That second one is an RPG, but like I said earlier an RPG is absolutely no threat to an Apache unless point blank range and a bit of luck.
3CorsaMeal

6th Apr 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldn't they be issued with an ASBO for hanging around street corners like that?

i think we should have apaches flying over uk streets shooting down ASBO youth
Butler

6th Apr 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually think the one dom posted is more shocking
JonnyJ

6th Apr 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler

Feel bad for the pilots of the A-10 a little in that one. They asked numerous times to confirm there were no friendlies as they looked to have the orange panels on and they kept getting told that there was definitely no friendlies around and given clearance to fire. It was only after the shots were fired that the mistake was realised. Must be an awful feeling
Paul_J

6th Apr 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

That second one is an RPG, but like I said earlier an RPG is absolutely no threat to an Apache unless point blank range and a bit of luck.

lol you and steve are idiots...

That is clearly an umbrella. They get a lot of rain over there you see.
Butler

6th Apr 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

Feel bad for the pilots of the A-10 a little in that one. They asked numerous times to confirm there were no friendlies as they looked to have the orange panels on and they kept getting told that there was definitely no friendlies around and given clearance to fire. It was only after the shots were fired that the mistake was realised. Must be an awful feeling

Im not blaming them, its shocking that communication wasnt clear enough.

The video I posted is quite immediately shocking due to their attitudes though 'Look at those bodies... NICE!' Fucking american idiots.
Paul_J

6th Apr 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

JonnyJ

6th Apr 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

Im not blaming them, its shocking that communication wasnt clear enough.

The video I posted is quite immediately shocking due to their attitudes though 'Look at those bodies... NICE!' Fucking american idiots.

Oh aye, agree. They were treating it like some kind of game
Adam_B

6th Apr 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That video Dom posted, not being funny but when did The Sun become a credible source for anything newsworthy?

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Did they though? And those two against an Apache half a mile away you might as well have a BB gun for the accuracy.

Do we know there was no friendly ground troops or whatever not too far away?

[Edited on 06-04-2010 by Adam_B]
Eck
Premium Member

6th Apr 10 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The A10 one is a disgrace. Not the pilots' fault but fucking shocking at the blatant "fuck it" attitude.

I think we should seperate from these fucking yanks. Baza, I hope you're aware that ourselves and the Americans are not doing too hot out there? The Swine Flu "disaster" was quite conveniently blown out of proportion to cover up the fact that we were getting the shit kicked out of us out there!
MoesTavern

6th Apr 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

The Apache was in the air to protect an approaching convoy that had already taken fire, the concern was about the threat to that rather than the bellyflopter itself.

The crew's chatter is totally inappropriate though, proper xbox live stuff. Those Iraqi noobs were pwnt.

Also itchy trigger finger or what? there quite clearly was not '5 or 6 guys with AK-47's'
He was dying to fire his gun, wonder if he came in his pants at the same time.

[Edited on 06-04-2010 by MoesTavern]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This is pretty shocking 23 database queries in 0.1021600 seconds