corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Old people driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Old people driving
Ojc

User status: Offline
6th Apr 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and Rach now have a game, if we come across a slow moving car in the distance we bet that it will have a National Trust sticker somewhere, 9 times out of 10 it will have.
harrisp

6th Apr 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim
Yesterday I was stuck behind a 54 plate Rover 45 thing doing 19mph in the national speed limit with a prehistoric bloke behind the wheel, complete liability.

I was stuck behind a micra with an old couple in, they were doing 15mph in a 50, then the dinosaur in the drivers seat had the audacity to start flashing me after I overtook (perfectly safe to do so).

Also, old biddys who cant use their clutch properly, a mate of mine used to be a mechanic and there was an old bloke who brought his car in every year for its MOT and clutch changing, he only used to do 1500 miles a year.

[Edited on 06-04-2010 by harrisp]
Ojc

6th Apr 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a regular thread on Pistonheads the old 'flash a motorist who dares overtake me even though I'm doing 50% under the speed limit'
SXi_Tim

6th Apr 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim
Yesterday I was stuck behind a 54 plate Rover 45 thing doing 19mph in the national speed limit with a prehistoric bloke behind the wheel, complete liability.

I was stuck behind a micra with an old couple in, they were doing 15mph in a 50, then the dinosaur in the drivers seat had the audacity to start flashing me after I overtook (perfectly safe to do so).

Also, old biddys who cant use their clutch properly, a mate of mine used to be a mechanic and there was an old bloke who brought his car in every year for its MOT and clutch changing, he only used to do 1500 miles a year.

[Edited on 06-04-2010 by harrisp]

Yeah when i passed this one i left about an inch at the front when i pulled back in this old bastard blew his horn though, i think the full beam stalk was too much of a challenge to find
3CorsaMeal

6th Apr 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Me and Rach now have a game, if we come across a slow moving car in the distance we bet that it will have a National Trust sticker somewhere, 9 times out of 10 it will have.

have you patented this game? or is there an instruction manual availiable?

sounds really good mate.
Jambo

6th Apr 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a fave of mine. No wonder folk get murdered at the roadside. Flashing a vehicle for overtaking you is asking for murder tbh
Adam_B

6th Apr 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had the flashing after overtaking thing, I like to think there congratulating me on a textbook move or for having an excellent car.
noshua

6th Apr 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Ive had the flashing after overtaking thing, I like to think there congratulating me on a textbook move or for having an excellent car.

This I like
Andrew

6th Apr 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
yes but Andy they werent speeding. So therefore they pose no threat

random dav
Premium Member

6th Apr 10 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I always wave if they do that...

WRLFC !

Project cars
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Apr 10 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome adam and dave i might start doing this
Colin

6th Apr 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today in Homebase car park I saw a woman driving along totally out of control of her people carrier. When I had a closer look I noticed she had a mobile phone to her ear with one hand & smoking a fag with the other!!

tbh I have no problems with either of those activities but both at the same time while navigating a busy car park is not on!!

Almost wish she had run into my lovely BMW so I could vinny jones har with her own car door, while stubbing her fag out in her eyeballs & telling whatever fuckhead was on the other end of the phone that there going to have to make their own tea tonight!!

Complete jobbies if you ask me. You should be given public recognition for de-mobilising people like this from the roads!!
Nic Barnes

6th Apr 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only problem with old people driving slow is they are not breaking the law. i drive a van all day. i see some shocking driving, and do some shocking driving myself.

nobody is a perfect driver.
andyc1234

6th Apr 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A truck went off a straight bit of road near me recently through gardens got stopped by trees before it hit a house. Driver was 65 and was early hours of the morning with the houses full of people sleeping. Imagine the shock of that
csweatherston

6th Apr 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have recently had an old guy, drive into a post box, get scared.. bang his auto Micra into reverse, plough down an elderly woman and end up through Wh Smiths window in my town..
Classic!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

6th Apr 10 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I had one once, overtook, got flashed so went a slightly longer way round, let her out of a junction then overtook her again and gave her a wink the second time

The look on her face was priceless
Andy Stocker

6th Apr 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
only problem with old people driving slow is they are not breaking the law. i drive a van all day. i see some shocking driving, and do some shocking driving myself.

While they aren't breaking the law, I believe you can be punished for driving too slowly???
Eddx14xe

6th Apr 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of a friend failed his test for driver too slowly, my girlfriend also got a minor for 'apparently' doing 30mph in a 40 zone (she says she was doing 40 not 30)

[Edited on 06-04-2010 by Eddx14xe]
Nic Barnes

6th Apr 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

While they aren't breaking the law, I believe you can be punished for driving too slowly???

think its only on the motorway that?
Andy Stocker

6th Apr 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've no idea, sure I had heard something along those lines. Might just be making it up
GTM

6th Apr 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm as patient as anyone for old people but when it comes to driving I have no tolerance at all. This isn't leting them walk slowly infront of you or
Moving out the way for them, anyone who isn't fit for driving shouldn't be on the road. It isn't a blee them let them be thing its dangerous and shouldt be
Just let be. Young people get given a bad reputation but I think old people are the real menace. I think an earlier re test should be put in place as I'm sure many older drivers are fine and take pride in there car and driving
But some need to be taken off the road.
K2 GTi

7th Apr 10 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was inthe car with my grandad once and he drove through a red light on a roundabout and a car nearly hit him from the left.. he still didnt know what happened when I told him!!!

Get them off the road
chr15barn3s

7th Apr 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neo

7th Apr 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GTM
It isn't a blee them let them be thing its dangerous and shouldt be

What ?
chr15barn3s

7th Apr 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had plenty of near misses from old people on the road. One recently where I was in traffic at some lights and an old man in a cavalier backed out of his drive way and would have gone straight into the side of me if I hadn't seen him. Luckily I had enough of a gap in front of me to pull forward and onto the other side of the road as nothing was coming in that direction. He just missed the back of my car and went straight up the kurb behind him, he had no control of the car at all! He was completely oblivious to anything around him and drove off with his wife in the front seat not even batting an eyelid. Winds me up so much and as mentioned earlier 'they are not speeding so are safe careful drivers'.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Old people driving 24 database queries in 0.0139508 seconds